Bad, bad, bad... You can't carry...

This is a discussion on Bad, bad, bad... You can't carry... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...you are supposed to comply... You do comply...and get fired anyway... So, why not carry? Your life, or the job? You're gonna get fired anyway...might ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By svgheartland
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Bad, bad, bad... You can't carry...

Bad, bad, bad... You can't carry...

...you are supposed to comply...
    You do comply...and get fired anyway...

So, why not carry? Your life, or the job? You're gonna get fired anyway...might as well be able to defend yourself... They'll fire you for "unrelated reasons" either way...

Story here with video of the robbery: http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/340...int-then-fired

Low paying employers don't care about people, just $$$.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

Pretty much left me speechless, too!
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    The girl should probably own most Carl Jr's for a hundred mile radius. Hope she gets 'em.
    boricua and gottabkiddin like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    She ought to file a complaint with the State Labor Board.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

There may be more to this story then what was shown here.
    For example... Did the girl that got fired possibly leave a back door open or fail to follow some other procedure that allowed the BG access to the store? I would like to hear the entire story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Just noticed it happened at 6 am. Maybe her and the other employee were preparing to open and it was her job to make sure the doors were secure until 7 am when the store opened. If that was the case I would fire her as well for putting herself and another employee at risk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

From what I've seen, their hours are from 5:45 am til close... So that ain't it.

Try again.
    It could be worse.
    John Adams

Don't know if this is verified but a reporter earlier today said that she actually knew the guy. But that was it. This incident screams fishy.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Quote Originally Posted by Glhadiator View Post
    Don't know if this is verified but a reporter earlier today said that she actually knew the guy. But that was it. This incident screams fishy.
    He thumped her pretty good, for being a friend. Lots of restaurant managers "know"their customers by sight; and even by name. Doesn't mean they really know ' em.
    It could be worse.
    John Adams

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    He thumped her pretty good, for being a friend. Lots of restaurant managers "know"their customers by sight; and even by name. Doesn't mean they really know ' em.
    Thats customer service in general. "Regulars" .

I feel sorry for Cathy, I really do. I'm glad she doesn't seem to be permanently (physically) injured, but losing her job after getting assaulted? No good.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I think this whole story needs the benefit of some strong daylight.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Many years ago, I had a neighbor who was the manager of a local convenience store. She had worked there for 20+ years and was near the retirement with benefits point. The store was robbed on her day off. She was fired because she "should have been responsible and prevented it". An excuse just ot get out of paying benfits if you ask me.

I'd like to see the store closed and the owner go broke! Seems like a fair trade to me for his actions...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I'd like to hear what the "unrelated" reasons were. It is possible the firing was justified. Without knowing the whole story I won't say one way or the other.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links