Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses... - Page 4

Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses...

This is a discussion on Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RubenZ Yes and those humans usually end up killed lol. I hope you are joking or did not understand what I posted. ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses...

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Yes and those humans usually end up killed lol.
    I hope you are joking or did not understand what I posted. From what the man described I can not fathom putting down an animal for one incident which the animal did not repeat. I would obviously watch the dog more carefully and ensure it was properly restrained in public.

And I do agree that owners are the responsible ones. My 10 or 11 year old b-day party I saw my neighbors dog run over to our yard and kill my cat. The cat did not run and we were not worried because they had always got along.

Don't know what was going through the mans mind that shot the dog but he was there and I was not.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Did some of you read AND watch the video that accompanied the story? Kinda looks like, NO, or you are totally discarding the eye witnesses to the event and discarding the neighbors assessment of both the guy and Rusty. I got the strong impression that he new the dog and its disposition, so save all the "were you there", "how do you know" crap on me. I for one DO believe eye witnesses, and I used the information contained inside the video to strengthen my opinion regarding the idiots actions.. Face it. The dog was a friendly fun loving animal/family pet that was running out to visit the dog that was being walked by the guy. Rusty probably didn't give a flying hoot about the idiot holding the leash, and an attack was not his intention, just a friendly hello from a fellow K9, but instead he was killed by a mindless oath with the constitution of a doormat.

You don't like my opinion, that's fine by me; It is what it is and it wont change. I am and always will be a animal lover, and if I see or hear of animal abuse I'll get all in someone's business because of it, and in a heartbeat. I'm of the opinion, animals don't have a voice, so I'll lend a hand, even if it's not the popular thing to do.
    We all know how good eye witnesses can be......
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    We all know how good eye witnesses can be......
    Yup. Being a first-hand witness to something can be a strange thing, particularly when tragedy hits you right between the eyes (as is the case when a loved one falls).

BTDT (though not in a SD situation), and I was appalled by just how skewed my basic recollection was of some of the basic details. Some points were crystal clear and spot-on, but others were awful and impossible to have occurred in exactly the way I had thought. It is what it is ... and it's entirely able to be quite different than what we think it is at the time.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

P5
    Quote Originally Posted by rockymax View Post
    This is spot on. People like this disgust me.

Example: a couple of weeks ago I walked out on the back deck only to find a large bull mastiff or American bulldog mix staring me down. I certainly felt threatened and all, but would it have been necessary to shoot it down? Cowardly would be the better answer.
    Besides that he was their neighbor so he had to know the dog and the neighbor that called 911 said the dog played with his dog's which shows that it wasn't an aggressive dog to begin with.
    gottabkiddin and Spirit51 like this.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

Quote Originally Posted by marinevet1994 View Post
    Agree 100%. Shoot my dog and there will be hell to pay!!!
    What he said!! My dog is my best friend. If you shoot my dog we're gonna have a problem.
    gottabkiddin and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by heffy4822 View Post
    What he said!! My dog is my best friend. If you shoot my dog we're gonna have a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by P5 View Post
    Besides that he was their neighbor so he had to know the dog and the neighbor that called 911 said the dog played with his dog's which shows that it wasn't an aggressive dog to begin with.

Refreshing to see that there are those that can put variables together and make a logical assumption. Well done gentlemen.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by P5 View Post
    No it doesn't, you are making an assumption about all neighbors knowing each other and their dogs and just b/c a dog is friendly to a dog he's been properly introduced to and is familiar with doesn't mean he's friendly to all dogs.

All the eye witnesses said is what there is no question about - dog got shot when running from house to Yee. How long does it take for a dog to go from door to street in the suburbs - about 2 max? Sounds like a familiar drill. Seems we're back at the owner didn't control the dog and the dog got shot for it.

Here's another news story

Judge is way out of bounds for confiscating weapons and ordering him to not turn on porch light - Yee hasn't demonstrated any danger to people. Couldn't find the youtube video, but how in the world does the reporter go from "dozens to hundreds of weapons". In the vid I posted, even the dog's owner says that his wife's injury was probably from the dog biting her, not from Yee. Both of which show a clear indication of the type of reporting we are seeing.
    GunTrooper likes this.

Refreshing to see that there are those that can put variables together and make a logical assumption. Well done gentlemen.
    Kind of condescending don't ya think.

As far as your eye witnesses (the owners)
    The dog's owners, Billy and Amber Rodgers, say their five-year-old dog Rusty was running toward their neighbor, Yee, when witnesses say Yee pulled out a gun and shot Rusty.
    Yup, that is what happened, a dog was loose and was running toward the guy who for whatever reason appeared to be frightened.

Why someone feels threatened during a situation and others don't is something we will never understand unless we are in that persons shoes during that moment in time. Just like the lady that shot the guy banging on her window during road rage, or the LEO's in Houston.

I doubt I would shoot in a situation like the one here but I wasn't there. Throw the assumptions out the window because nowhere does it state what the state of mind was for MR Yee.
    dukalmighty and d2jlking like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Kind of condescending don't ya think.

As far as your eye witnesses (the owners)

Yup, that is what happened, a dog was loose and was running toward the guy who for whatever reason appeared to be frightened.

Why someone feels threatened during a situation and others don't is something we will never understand unless we are in that persons shoes during that moment in time. Just like the lady that shot the guy banging on her window during road rage, or the LEO's in Houston.

I doubt I would shoot in a situation like the one here but I wasn't there. Throw the assumptions out the window because nowhere does it state what the state of mind was for MR Yee.

LOL! No more so than some of the fodder that's been leveled at those of us on the animals side of the event.....
    Spirit51 likes this.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Lets compare this situation to another that ws posted last year. Not quite the same. Biggest difference is a forum member gives more details about what happened and what his mindset was. We do not know what Mr. Yee was thinking here.
    Dog Attack - Would you draw?

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Lets compare this situation to another that ws posted last year. Not quite the same. Biggest difference is a forum member gives more details about what happened and what his mindset was. We do not know what Mr. Yee was thinking here.
    Dog Attack - Would you draw?

Lets not. For my part I'm pretty much done here; to continue this discussion will serve no particular purpose. I wish the animal would have at least survived the ordeal, and I'm glad the shooter got his butt in a sling for his malice actions, end of discussion as far as I'm concerned. Good day to you and the others.
    Spirit51 likes this.

I hope he never sees his firearms again and is never able to carry a firearm either. Serves him right, what a sorry pig.
    100% Agree & it goes for anyone no exceptions IMO.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

It just seems that some people who wouldn't think twice about jumping to the assumption that an unknown human charging toward them at night has ill intentions, bend over backward to give an animal the benefit of the doubt. Pretty heated discussion, not a bad thing at all... Using your gun is always a judgment call, and you will have to live, or die, with your decision... no right or wrong; no always or never.

In the end I must accept responsibility for what happens if my pet escapes and either gets hurt by or causes damage to others.

Michael
    GunTrooper and pittypat21 like this.

I could not get the news thread to open, so do not know the circumstances, but i posted about having to make the choice and shoot a dog here recently. I was not there and cannot see the details...It is easy to judge, when you are not in the shoes of those being judged.... I am not saying he did right or he did wrong, I am saying there are times when action is justified..... as I feel I was justified in the shooting that took place, that i posted about.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links