Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses...

This is a discussion on Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I love dogs as much as the next person. But, about a month ago I was sitting in the swing on my front porch when ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses...

I love dogs as much as the next person.

But, about a month ago I was sitting in the swing on my front porch when a dog I didn't know came running up the steps barking at me. I pulled my pistol at the same time I yelled at the dog to get out of here. The dog wisely turned and ran off. If it had continued toward me I would have shot it without hesitation.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    That is so wrong. My Norwegian Elkhound was a fun loving good dog and would never hurt someone. But when he ran toward you he could scare the crap out of you. Once we were playing with him behind our house. He ran past me toward this lady who threw whatever she had in her hand in the air and ran inside her house. I learned then to make sure he was restrained.

Same thing with my Borzoi (Russian Wolfhound). She ran past my wife and got outside. A lady jumped in her car and was terrified. That dog also would not hurt a fly. They both wanted to play. We were much younger then (20 years ago) and make sure our dogs are kept on a leash when they need to be.

To say might be your opinion but an ill informed one and a fallacy proven over and over again.....IMO
    I would agree that there are some 'in between' judgements to be made. I've also had some dogs growl, but it doesn't make me want to shoot them.
    How would you feel if a neighbor who knew your dog, but decided he's going to try out his new gun on your fun loving good dog because he was running at him.
    Keep in mind that this was a neighbor, and I'm sure that he knew the local dogs...no need to shoot in a situation like that. Only "IDIOTS" would shoot a neighbor's dog like that. (I respect your opinion, and I stand by mine.)
    I know the dogs all around our 'hood', and there are a few that I would be cautious with...but I could easily handle in a situation like that without grabbing my gun.OMHO
    wmhawth and blitzburgh like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

am i reading this correct? dog runs toward shooter and shooter shot dogs? .. i have little knowledge about dogs, but if any runs toward me from out of no where, i will hurt it bad or possibly kill it WITH a blunt object though.

Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    am i reading this correct? dog runs toward shooter and shooter shot dogs? .. i have little knowledge about dogs, but if any runs toward me from out of no where, i will hurt it bad or possibly kill it WITH a blunt object though.
    If you've never had a dog run toward you you must have spent your life as a shut in.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links