Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses...

This is a discussion on Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...his permit (at least temporarily), judge orders all his weapons confiscated as well. Not enough info for me, yet...but here's the story: http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...171774261.html...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses...

Hmmm: man shoots dog, loses...

...his permit (at least temporarily), judge orders all his weapons confiscated as well.

Not enough info for me, yet...but here's the story: http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...171774261.html
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

I hope he never sees his firearms again and is never able to carry a firearm either. Serves him right, what a sorry pig.
    Spirit51, P5, mcgyver210 and 5 others like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I hope he never sees his firearms again and is never able to carry a firearm either. Serves him right, what a sorry pig.
    Maybe a little harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Maybe a little harsh
    Not even... Anyone that would kill a friendly domesticated pet is a sorry pig and don't deserve the right to carry a firearm and endanger others.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Not even... Anyone that would kill a friendly domesticated pet is a sorry pig and don't deserve the right to carry a firearm and endanger others.
    Agree 100%. Shoot my dog and there will be hell to pay!!!
    Skygod, ron54, RichB70 and 1 others like this.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

This discussion happens frequently. The dog was running loose in the neighborhood, and maybe the guy felt threatened.

As someone who walks their blind dog twice a day I can tell you I get a little upset with people who let their much larger dogs run free. Close your eyes and think about it. All of a sudden a much larger animal is in your strike zone, standing over you, smelling your butt maybe growling and nipping. My dog is totally defenseless and scared to death. I could just keep her at home but she loves to go for a walk so much I can't deprive her. Why should I? She is on a leash, mainly on the sidewalk, minding her own business and obeying the law. It's the same dogs every day. I try and stay away as much as possible but the three main culprits are unavoidable as they are on my street. I can't deny it: I'd love to give these tough dogs what they deserve but I'd rather not lose my right to protect myself. Sad thing is it's really not the dogs fault.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Pretty sure the law also says that, if not on your property, your domesticated animal needs to be contained or restrained. This one was apparently neither. Shooting the dog may have been a little overboard (although maybe not, none of us was there). However the owners may share some responsibility here, too.

Hey folks. Are you really gonna state on this forum that you or most intelligent folks can't tell a hostile dog as its approaching from a completely docile one...Come on, sheesh unreal. Oh and for the loose animal nazis... Animals get out on their own all the time, it's gonna happen. That in itself doesn't mean they should be put down by some jerk just because he thinks he can.

Hey folks. Are you really gonna state on this forum that you or most intelligent folks can't tell a hostile dog as its approaching from a completely docile one...Come on, sheesh unreal. Oh and for the loose animal nazis... Animals get out on their own all the time, it's gonna happen. That in itself doesn't mean they should be put down by some jerk just because he thinks he can.
    I don't disagree with this, but referring to your first post, I also don't think he should have all his guns taken away, and he may not be a pig.

Yup, you can't always tell if a dog is friendly or not.
    Most folks thought my Norwegian Elkhound was ferocious when it was running toward them...Some folks are just plain scared of dogs. I was in Croatia and walking with a guy who has been a Ranger and Green Beret for 8 years and he freaked out when a dog came toward him (for you Marines out there don't chuckle and say 'cowardly army guy', I have a Marine story also)
    I am not defending the guys actions but according to the story a loose dog was running toward him when he shot the dog. A dog can do a lot of damage...when do you decide to pull your weapon? When the dog leaps? 21 foot drill is out the window since the dog can move pretty quick.
    Last edited by suntzu; September 29th, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

The dog's owners, Billy and Amber Rodgers, say their five-year-old dog Rusty was running toward their neighbor, Yee, when witnesses say Yee pulled out a gun and shot Rusty.

"The second Rusty ran out there, he instantly pulled and fired. There wasn't a warning. There wasn't 'I have a gun, I will shoot your dog,'" said Amber Rodgers.
    I am a dog lover myself but expecting a person to yell 'Stop or I'll shoot at a charging animal is a bit much to ask in my opinion. If the man claims he shot the dog because he felt threatened I would have to accept his word. If on the other hand he is stupid enough to say he shot it because he doesn't like small animals I'd say hang him.

This thread almost makes me feel bad about getting rid of that cat I'm going to trap tonight.

Michael

This is spot on. People like this disgust me.

Example: a couple of weeks ago I walked out on the back deck only to find a large bull mastiff or American bulldog mix staring me down. I certainly felt threatened and all, but would it have been necessary to shoot it down? Cowardly would be the better answer.
    ron54 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Certain people are looking for a reason to pull their gun. I carry a really big stick when I walk,it has worked for 5 years.Pit bulls,great dane,etc., they have turned around when I point the club at them. Of course I know I am a man and have nothing to prove. Some people are still mad about junior high.
    Echo_Four, ron54 and RichB70 like this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

I love dogs just as much as the next guy but you've got to control and train your dog better than that.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links