Solution to gang member violence in Chicago?

This is a discussion on Solution to gang member violence in Chicago? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by xsigma40cal What I'd say.... "You know what Junior? We tried. We work hard at honest jobs, pulling honest pay checks only to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Solution to gang member violence in Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    What I'd say....

"You know what Junior? We tried. We work hard at honest jobs, pulling honest pay checks only to have nearly a third of it taken from us and given to scum like you to go to school, get that job and work your way into that mansion with lots of cars and women. But no, you chose the gang life, so there you will stay and just hope that you'll make it to 21. Enjoy getting your head slammed onto the trunk of a squad car, it shoudn't hurt that much, only because you animals refuse to grow a brain."

This is what were dealing with people, I'd like to say it's only our fault for electing politicians that pride themselves on claiming to listen to these people, but I dont remember voting for any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrol View Post
    Make all drugs legal. This will put drug dealers out of business and people will not die if they are buying their crack cocaine at Walgreens. It sounds radical but look at how failed the war on drugs has become. All or nothing I say... Think about the amount of money we would save not having to enforce drug offenses to include federal state and local organizations that could all be canceled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    Legalize and tax drugs. Remove their main source of income and suddenly being a gang banger becomes less lucrative. Lets be honest, the reasons for kids getting into that life is the promise of easy cash, remove that from the equation and your gang problem starts to immediately get smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    We came up with that concept a few months ago. Teams from different cities. Fans behind bullet proof glass. The Chicago Banger against the Kansas City Lowlifes. The one who wins goes on to face the Los Angles Machos....so on and so forth.

Could give NFL a run for their money.
    That sounds a lot like the Hunger Games. The difference is, you all are proposing the use of criminals rather than innocent people. TBH, I have noooo idea how to fix this but one thing is evident, the vicious cycle must be broken in several places... NONE of which will be popular with the ACLU. I think that drug testing welfare recipients is a great start. Reinstating orphanages where children who are abandoned or from horrible homes have a place the get proper medical treatment and education. Legalize drugs and end this fruitless nonsense! In the 1930's the big time gangs were making money off of booze, govt spent a huge % of revenue on that war and lost, same scenario now. This violent war is international and every tinhorn dictator, cartel and warlord is making a pant load of cash from the US drug craving... Legalize it and turn off the profit spigot, and the majority of violent crime goes away... Then give users a place of refuge and help. Untold billions of $ leave this country only to support international crime and terrorism... All because of our war on drugs.

2. Remove Ads

Draft them. Either now or as a sentence when convicted.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I also once saw a fictional movie written by some dude in Hollywood that asserted the United States had troops in Vietnam in 1968. Bogus, you say? Do you really think it's an effective debating technique to ignore the supposition (money is usually not the primary motive) and go straight for discrediting a movie I satirically referenced?

Suggesting that "easy money" is the root of most career criminal behavior is pretty short-sighted. I'm curious what sort of hard-data research YOU have to support this.
    Here is what I know. A person will seek to rectify the source of the most dissatisfaction in their life (whatever that may be) and then move on down the line to each lesser source of dissatisfaction. I am suggesting that not having any money for a lot of these kids is the source of most dissatisfaction. What would you suggest is more of a motivating factor outside of money? Street Cred? These gang bangers only have street cred because of what they can afford. Lets be honest...money talks and ******** walks and any argument to the contrary is just naive.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    What in the world does this have to do with anything and how is this The Presidents fault?
    the same entitlement mentality is used by all the bangers....."the world owes me, you can't touch me, I do what I want. I want the luxury lifestyle, but don't ask me to work for it."

You'll never change a segment of the population when their entire lifestyle escapes any rational thought process (like the lady in the video)

I lived on the Southside of Chicago, and Bahgdad has nothing on it.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Leave the POTUS and politics out of this or this thread will go the way of Jimmy Hoffa............

The current administration will never label Chicago or any other big city street gang as domestic terrorist but they will label tea party members, returning vets, and pro life groups as being on the fringe of domestic terrorism. DHS has already put forward that school of thought.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Leave the POTUS and politics out of this or this thread will go the way of Jimmy Hoffa............
    I was going to reply but......

Thanks for regulating!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    No way. What do you think you'll solve by putting these dirtbags in uniform? They are dregs of society...parasites that prey on the weak. They need to be fish and/or worm food.
    Harryball likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    On the surface that may seem like a good idea, but it overtaxes an already stressed military. Nobody in the service wants this kind of trash to deal with. I spent a lot of my time weeding out the bad guys and can't imagine having these clowns to deal with. These folks aren't the "headed for trouble" kind of folks, these are the "in trouble and loving it" kind of folks. Nothing you can do for them except separate them from society. Or, separate them from their lives if they threaten you.
    SIGguy229 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grellopc View Post
    Remember these kids are 10-16 years old. They can't move on their own. Think if when you were first on your own, with no heat, and had a 10 year old child. That child can't say "screw you dad, I'm moving out! " They're powerless.
    True. You cannot move when your 10. You CAN decide not to be a gang member. You can choose school over hanging out on the block. You can choose sports over drugs. You can choose your family over your "friends". They are NOT powerless. They've just been told by the media, and bleeding hearts all over, that they are victims of circumstances, powerless to change their lives. ITS NONSENSE. I'm not trying to belittle their struggle or their difficult environment. But the answer to their problems is personal responsibility, accountability, and hard work.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patrol View Post
    Obama will never allow that. This is his voter pool.
    And they dont need ID's to vote. So it doesnt matter that they're felons.

RICO

Sent via Messenger Pigeon

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    The law abiding citizen in Chicago isn't allowed a gun to protect themselves, but this is what they are facing.

‘Killing Is The Solution,’ Gang Member Tells Walter Jacobson « CBS Chicago

I noticed one thing. When these young men talk about supporting their life, they talk about stealing, killing, robbing, and selling drugs, BUT none of them talk about getting a real job and working. HOW do you combat this?
    A like the Aliens approach... "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links