Bad Guy at a School with a gun

This is a discussion on Bad Guy at a School with a gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police Arrest Suspect in Cold Springs Middle School Gun Incident This was right up the street about 5 blocks away from us at my son's ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eagleks

Thread: Bad Guy at a School with a gun

Police Arrest Suspect in Cold Springs Middle School Gun Incident

This was right up the street about 5 blocks away from us at my son's school. During a movie night I guess this guy didn't like it and showed up with a gun to try and disrupt it. A friend that was there knows who the guy is and said he is a drunk and was probably wasted. Sounds like the school handled it pretty well for their part. I think if I would have been there and saw him flash and/or threaten with a gun I may have drawn on him with some very descriptive directions for him to follow. And if he didn't I may have shot.
    On the other hand would I just be escalating the situation even though he had already brandished?

If I'm right from what I read on Handgunlaw.usa,you can have a gun on school property just not inside a building,so in that situation if somebody came up and said shut it down while brandishing a gun,depending on how I perceived the threat and his actions,I would be the "Grey Man" and be ready to draw and stop the threat if he looked like he may start pointing the gun.Sounds like it was handled well and he can look at doing some prison time for his reckless actions
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

"The request page cannot be found. It has either been moved or is no longer available."
    pittypat21 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links