To close to home!

This is a discussion on To close to home! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is why I am seeking my ccl! Just a few miles down the road from my house. 2 dead in Coffeyville shooting - Local ...

Thread: To close to home!

To close to home!

This is why I am seeking my ccl! Just a few miles down the road from my house.

2 dead in Coffeyville shooting - Local News - Wichita, KS | NBC News

2. Remove Ads

While the story doesn't tell us much, it is always wise to be able to defend one's self from random acts of violence...

It's even (arguably) biblical...Luke 22:35-36. If you gotta sell your coat, do it..and buy a sword... Today's equivalent is probably a handgun.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Most every town has at least some violent crime, and every city has its share of murders, rapes, etc.

In large metro areas, anymore not a day goes by without someone getting shot, stabbed, mugged or brutalized in some way, spread all over the news.

Coffeyville ... Perhaps y'all can rise up an erase the modern-day evil-doers as was done to the Dalton gang, back when. If only it were that easy. Personally, I think that'd be a great recipe for minimizing the chance of repeat offenses and high-cost "forever" type incarcerations, if we all simply went armed and took down those who dared violently attack us. If only.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links