Good: A "stand your ground" case...

This is a discussion on Good: A "stand your ground" case... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...similar to Martin/Zimmerman from shortly after that altercation... In the same state, is not prosecuted against the armed defender. Story here: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...iminal-charges...

Thread: Good: A "stand your ground" case...

Good: A "stand your ground" case...

...similar to Martin/Zimmerman from shortly after that altercation... In the same state, is not prosecuted against the armed defender.

Story here:http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...iminal-charges
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's all in the eyes of the prosecutor, and fortunately Landa had witnesses to back him up. It helps that Landa had left a potential altercation and the other guy followed him as the agressor, not exactly the case in Z's incident.

For all those who criticised FL's Stand-Your-Ground, it does work when applied to the right situation. I have a feeling Z will walk, on grounds of reasonable doubt.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Similar, if Z's account is true, very similar...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's all in the eyes of the prosecutor, and fortunately Landa had witnesses to back him up. It helps that Landa had left a potential altercation and the other guy followed him as the agressor, not exactly the case in Z's incident.

For all those who criticised FL's Stand-Your-Ground, it does work when applied to the right situation. I have a feeling Z will walk, on grounds of reasonable doubt.
    Couldn't disagree more with your assertions .... but this isn't the place to debate it.

I imagine this thread will be closed shortly anyway.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Couldn't disagree more with your assertions .... but this isn't the place to debate it.

I imagine this thread will be closed shortly anyway.
    Why should it be closed? It's a case where a man, in front of witnesses, defended himself from (further) grave bodily injury; with a .22 caliber derringer, no less, under the SYG laws in Florida.

There are many lessons to be learned here. He warned his attacker, he didn't fire until he was bested, and a .22 is probably not enough gun for SD.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Sounds like a solid disparity of force case also, 5’7” vs. 6’1” and 235 pounds they did not give Landa’s weight but I’ll bet it was much less.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links