Man Shot In Apparent 'Road Rage' Incident In Delaware

This is a discussion on Man Shot In Apparent 'Road Rage' Incident In Delaware within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It will be interesting to see the facts on this one. I doubt the motorcyclist was the first one to shoot, but we'll see. DELAWARE, ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By lyz_grace
  • 2 Post By mprp

Thread: Man Shot In Apparent 'Road Rage' Incident In Delaware

It will be interesting to see the facts on this one. I doubt the motorcyclist was the first one to shoot, but we'll see.

DELAWARE, Ohio - Authorities said a person was shot Sunday afternoon in an apparent "road rage" incident. ... Police officials said the first officer who responded found one victim had been shot in the head. Officers also found the man suspected of the shooting still at the scene. Investigators recovered a weapon and took one man into custody. The incident appears to have sparked by road rage between a driver of a pick-up and a motorcyclist that began outside of the city.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    It will be interesting to see the facts on this one. I doubt the motorcyclist was the first one to shoot, but we'll see.
    A little bias there from a fellow biker I see It could be either way but I have a feeling that the motorcyclist is the one to shoot first and possibly be the only shooter unless I missed something in the article and video.

The truck driver was shot and the only mention of a shooter and gun were the guy on the bike. The trucks tire appeared to be shot out also.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

You are right on both counts. Yes I am biased as a fellow motorcyclist (I ride a BMW too). And you are right that the rider was apparently doing all the shooting. I did not think a motorcycle rider would likely try shooting a gun at speed--looks like I was wrong. I think Stillwagon is in a heap o' trouble.

Police say 1960s Ohio State football star Jim Stillwagon is charged in a shooting after a road rage incident that spanned about 14 miles.

Officers say the college football Hall of Famer fired a handgun at a pickup truck driver while riding a motorcycle Sunday north of Columbus. They say the vehicles then pulled into a parking area in Delaware and Stillwagon struck the other driver with the gun, causing it to fire a bullet that grazed the man's head.

Ex-Ohio State star charged in road rage shooting

The though of firing from a motorcycle is problematic. Not looking where you are going , drawing etc. Here in Washington State they don't allow a loaded fun even in the Glove compartment in a car, it has to be on body. So riding it has to be in shoulder holster , thigh rig or similar.

Sent via Messenger Pigeon

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Officers say the college football Hall of Famer fired a handgun at a pickup truck driver

From Hall of Fame to Halls of Shame in one quick shooting!
    aznav likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Motorcycle? He must be a lefty!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

What I want to know is why the driver of the truck pulled over into the same lot with a biker who had already shot at him
    aznav and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Dang, Jim, must be all the football-related concussions.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    What I want to know is why the driver of the truck pulled over into the same lot with a biker who had already shot at him
    The motorcyclist followed the truck...

They said Stillwagon fired shots at the pickup truck, which turned into a parking area near a car parts store, across the street from some homes. Stillwagon then confronted the 41-year-old truck driver and struck him with the handgun

Read more here: Ex-Ohio State star charged in road rage shooting - Wire Sports - The Sacramento Bee

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Dang, Jim, must be all the football-related concussions.
    Less than 10 replies and someone comes up with an excuse. Are you a lawyer?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Are you a lawyer?
    Nope, just a big fan of '60's Buckeye football. Say it ain't so, Joe.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

You are right on both counts. Yes I am biased as a fellow motorcyclist (I ride a BMW too). And you are right that the rider was apparently doing all the shooting. I did not think a motorcycle rider would likely try shooting a gun at speed--looks like I was wrong. I think Stillwagon is in a heap o' trouble.
    Advantage, cruise control.

Once again, great reporting though. Sure glad they cleared things up with the football stats. The guy with the leaking head must be a nobody.
    8th ID and msgt/ret like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links