Busted without a permit...

This is a discussion on Busted without a permit... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ..., assumptions and other screw-ups. This is a perfect example of things you should not do or say, regardless on who you know or how ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Busted without a permit...

..., assumptions and other screw-ups. This is a perfect example of things you should not do or say, regardless on who you know or how well the cops know you. Even better, exercise your Miranda rights.

Whitehall board member Howard faces felony concealed-carry charge | ThisWeek Community News
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

The gun was sent to a laboratory for testing and after it was determined to be an operable firearm...
    Wonder what kind of forensic laboratory science went into that determination
    BkCo1 and msgt/ret like this.

Ahh, but he was busted with a permit...

It's called the second amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

That whole "keep and bear" part...

Hate stories like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Yeah, he opened his mouth and proceded to jump in with both feet.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    Mistake #1. He assumed (and we all now what ass-u-me) does.
    Mistake #2. He lied to police when he said he would show up the next day with documentation.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Ahh, but he was busted with a permit...

It's called the second amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

That whole "keep and bear" part...

Hate stories like this.
    No, he was busted for carrying without a permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

And this idiot is a member of the local school board???? Doesn't sound like he is real bright to me!!! Sounds more like someone with a "little" bit of political connections who thought the rules didn't apply to him--and found out otherwise. With a felony conviction on his record, it is unlikely he'll ever get a permit in the future or be able to even own a firearm! Not too intelligent.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    No, he was busted for carrying without a permit.
    Yeah, kinda meant a little bit of sarcasm with that comment.

I was just giving a mini-rant.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Guy sounds like a loser and thought his position or family would help him out. Then he starts blaming his employer. Screw up, man up. No respect for the guy. I am curious to why the other board member told the police he was carrying and how knew. Must be a friend..NOT.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    He would have been perfectly legal had he opted for open carry.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Another example of why you should play by the rules or you'll find yourself in big trouble.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Story is kinda hard to follow when reporter doesn't identify the different howard's by first names,anyhow sounds like it's gotta be a small town since it both Mom and Pop are on the city council,and a 21 year old is on the school board.I wonder how a Felony will affect any future political endeavours
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Wonder what kind of forensic laboratory science went into that determination
    Probably the $10,000+ kind.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Story is kinda hard to follow when reporter doesn't identify the different howard's by first names,anyhow sounds like it's gotta be a small town since it both Mom and Pop are on the city council,and a 21 year old is on the school board.I wonder how a Felony will affect any future political endeavours
    Nope, not a "small town". Whitehall use to be a pretty "exclusive" suburb of Columbus, the state capital. Not sure about it now, but it is not a small town out in the boonies or farm country. Totally surrounded by BIG city! That's why I said I thought he probably thought he had some political connections and didn't have to play by the rules like the rest of the "poor, common" folks.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Mom is on the school board with him while Daddy is the city treasurer, IIRC. Sounds like his plans for a political career just hit a major snag. I also wonder who ratted on him, how they knew (he must have been bragging), and why. Was that part of a move to get leverage on Daddy for the upcoming election? Who knows! Ah, the joys of political intrigue!

Well, lets hope he takes these lessons to heart: Do things by the book; Keep your mouth shut; Don't be makin' stuff up when talking to the police; Don't assume your family connections will save you (although this hasn't been determined yet).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links