Good: he listened to his wife - Page 2

Good: he listened to his wife

This is a discussion on Good: he listened to his wife within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Call me cold-hearted but I have a problem with this: "One of the three suspected intruders was hit by multiple gunshots, said Rues. When police ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Good: he listened to his wife

Call me cold-hearted but I have a problem with this:

"One of the three suspected intruders was hit by multiple gunshots, said Rues. When police arrived they found him sprawled outside the front door.

Flown by helicopter to Hollywood's Memorial Regional Hospital, he was listed Monday in serious condition."

Helicopter rides are for heroes and hospital stays aren't cheap. Let him bleed out where he lay.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Call me cold-hearted but I have a problem with this:

"One of the three suspected intruders was hit by multiple gunshots, said Rues. When police arrived they found him sprawled outside the front door.

Flown by helicopter to Hollywood's Memorial Regional Hospital, he was listed Monday in serious condition."

Helicopter rides are for heroes and hospital stays aren't cheap. Let him bleed out where he lay.
    Nah.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    The first clue was to NOT go out the door when you see the other houses in the area all have lights on.

Guys wife must really love him, huh?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    The first clue was to NOT go out the door when you see the other houses in the area all have lights on.

Guys wife must really love him, huh?
    All the other houses have lights on AND she sees people crouching in their driveway by their cars. I'm still astounded that anybody who has the sense to have a gun doesn't have the sense to figure it's probably not a good idea to go outside and investigate.

It sounds like when he saw them, they quickly rushed him and he didn't have a chance to do much else but 'protect' himself and his family.

If I had no power and no one else seemed to have the problem, that really wouldn't be that unusual around here .... stuff happens all of the time to lines, etc.
    So, I would typically go out to see what it was. I also have 3 dogs that would instantly tell me not only if someone is there, but where they were specifically, and two high lumen lights to make it look like daylight outside. And, I'm always armed.

But, if I knew someone was out there hiding behind a car..... I'ld be staying inside and calling the police ...
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by marinevet1994 View Post
    Impressive to hit the guy multiple times while falling back. Or lucky, but we'll go with impressive.
    Well considering it had to be point blank range it's pretty hard to miss
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Congrats to this home owner.

The homeowner's daughter said she was also baffled. "Why us?" she asked.

It's because you have 'stuff' and the dirtbags want it...pretty simple.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by JungleJim View Post
    Attempted home invasion gone wrong for the bad guys. Bonus: the media even calls him a hero...even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Don't get your hopes up. It was the daughter that twice called her dad a hero, not the press. The press was merely quoting her ... they did not come up with it voluntarily on their own.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    Don't get your hopes up. It was the daughter that twice called her dad a hero, not the press. The press was merely quoting her ... they did not come up with it voluntarily on their own.
    That's the best you can hope for... they could have not put the quote in the story (much less twice). In fairness, when the press is vilifying someone they do it by quoting someone else. It isn't the reporter or writer that says "This person is a villain". So this is pretty good from a positive story standpoint.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Glad things turned out OK for the homeowner! Too bad he didn't get the other 2 perps as well. Like others have said, I'm always armed, but even so, I'm NOT going outside if my power suddenly goes off and I see someone lurking in my driveway. I'm calling 911 on my cell, having my wife grab her .40 Beretta PS4 Storm and grabbing the 870 as well! If they break in, they will wish they hadn't. If they stay outside, the police can deal with them when they arrive.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links