Good: he listened to his wife

This is a discussion on Good: he listened to his wife within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Attempted home invasion gone wrong for the bad guys. Bonus: the media even calls him a hero...even a stopped clock is right twice a day. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Good: he listened to his wife

Good: he listened to his wife

Attempted home invasion gone wrong for the bad guys. Bonus: the media even calls him a hero...even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Miramar dad called hero after shooting masked intruder - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

2. Remove Ads

Whipped.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Lucky for him

Impressive to hit the guy multiple times while falling back. Or lucky, but we'll go with impressive.
    JungleJim likes this.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Blessings on the Castle Doctrine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mano3 likes this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    He comes out on top in a 3-on-1, he and his family are safe, yet he still catches crap from online gunfighting experts.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I'm sorry, if I saw someone "crouching by family cars in the driveway" I wouldn't be suggesting that my husband go outside and "grab the gun, just in case." Why did he open the door?!

I'm glad it had the ending it did, but if I see creepers in my driveway, I'm calling the cops and having the guns ready at the door, not opening it for them.

^ Agreed, opening the door was not the best of ideas. With people prowling around outside I would grab the 870, time permitting, then give the wife my .40 that I keep handy. Not missing people in the doorway with the shotgun.

They're getting a little smarter... They did cut the power...

Glad the wife reminded him to take the gun... There are many many people in this world, in this country, who do not believe having a gun is really necessary... They have it "just in case." And honestly, when "just in case" shows up, they may forget they have a weapon to use.

It all turned out okay... and proves the point that you don't have to train like a ninja to effectively use a handgun to defend yourself or your domicile from evildoers in the dark of night.
    oneshot likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    I'm sorry, if I saw someone "crouching by family cars in the driveway" I wouldn't be suggesting that my husband go outside and "grab the gun, just in case." Why did he open the door?!

I'm glad it had the ending it did, but if I see creepers in my driveway, I'm calling the cops and having the guns ready at the door, not opening it for them.
    I do believe that would be time to hole up with the family and wait for the calvary to arrive.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Bravo Zulu for Momma feeling the gun needed to be with Daddy, and a helmet-sticker for daddy for using that gun effectivly when the moment of truth busted through his door.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    They're getting a little smarter... They did cut the power...
    No just saw it in a Hollyweard movie! Smart would be getting a job and working for what you want! Or joining the Obama Boyz for a free phone and food stamps!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    No just saw it in a Hollyweard movie! Smart would be getting a job and working for what you want! Or joining the Obama Boyz for a free phone and food stamps!
    Learning is learning... you can learn from many different sources... even Hollywierd.... even you tube....
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

One thing he/they could improve upon: be armed, instead of having to "go get" the gun. Particularly if going to open up the door to investigate something uniquely impacting just that one home.

Kudos to the residents. They absolutely thwarted what could easily have been the last thing they saw in this world.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Even a stumbling defense can be a good defense. Kudos to the homeowner.

It's bad here in S.FL. Yesterday I had two folks (guy/gal) come to my door supposedly inquiring if I needed a home alarm. With my strong side turned away and my hand on my 4566 in my pocket (yeah, BIG pockets), I told them my system was already active and to have a nice day. The gal pointed at a small snake inside my screened porch, so I told her that was "Killer," my attack snake. We've had a series of knock first, then break-ins in the area.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links