The “Perfect Day” by LTC Dave Grossman, USA, ret.

This is a discussion on The “Perfect Day” by LTC Dave Grossman, USA, ret. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As *someone* once said, "If you fail to learn from History, then you are doom to repeat it!" Have you heard of the Sepoy Mutiny ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By Chevy-SS
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: The “Perfect Day” by LTC Dave Grossman, USA, ret.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

The “Perfect Day” by LTC Dave Grossman, USA, ret.

As *someone* once said, "If you fail to learn from History, then you are doom to repeat it!"

Have you heard of the Sepoy Mutiny in India, in 1857?

The “Perfect Day” by LTC Dave Grossman, USA, ret. | Rhino Den | Military Stories, MMA News, Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy

Food for thought!

That someone was Winston Churchill!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

See, this is why I don't have a nanny. Well, also because of the cost, but this too.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Expect the unexpected.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Outstanding.................

VIP Member

Thumbs up

'Very interesting read.

Now why do we continue to train them, while they in turn, continue to murder our soldiers?
    dukalmighty likes this.

At the end of the article... he provides a "series of quotes from national leaders who have been in similar circumstances."

Today we need a nation of minute men; citizens who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom. The cause of liberty, the cause of America, cannot succeed with any lesser effort.

President John F. Kennedy, 1961
    "A nation of minute men" ... citizens... not just military, not just police... every citizen... Every Chicago Democrat... Every New York Liberal.... Every surviving victim of the Aurora movie massacre...

If I were asked for a plan to stop gun violence as a presidential candidate debating on Wednesday night... I would quote President John F. Kennedy with these words above... And whichever candidate does that would win the gun vote... will win the liberal vote... will win the election... and will shut up the antis for quite a spell...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    At the end of the article... he provides a "series of quotes from national leaders who have been in similar circumstances."

"A nation of minute men" ... citizens... not just military, not just police... every citizen... Every Chicago Democrat... Every New York Liberal.... Every surviving victim of the Aurora movie massacre...

If I were asked for a plan to stop gun violence as a presidential candidate debating on Wednesday night... I would quote President John F. Kennedy with these words above... And whichever candidate does that would win the gun vote... will win the liberal vote... will win the election... and will shut up the antis for quite a spell...
    Now you're just dreaming.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Now you're just dreaming.
    Properly stated, and "run with".... this quote is a winner.... The Liberals all revere Kennedy... Yeah, you're right... it won't really shut up the antis... but it would put them down in the mouth for a bit...

A man can dream, can't he?
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Ahh the Sepoy Mutiny. An ancestor of mine Sir Colin Campbell aka Lord Clyde actually led the British forces as they put down the rebellion.

As the Boy Scouts say, BE PREPARED!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    'Very interesting read.

Now why do we continue to train them, while they in turn, continue to murder our soldiers?
    Because we trying to get the bull by the horns while simultaneously gripping the tiger by the tail.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Because we trying to get the bull by the horns while simultaneously gripping the tiger by the tail.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

As we can see from the 200 years of history, we (mankind) have tried to assist and help develop the Middle East but to what avail? The British, Russians, and now the US!

So does regious freedom include the the ability to kill any and all non-believers?

This originated as I'm lucky to be the only Non-LEO* in LTC Grossman's class next wednesday at the PD I consult for.

*Please no 20 pages of Grammer Correctness over Leo the lion, a Leo, An Leo as this refers to "Law Enforcement Officer"!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

That was a good read. I never knew what "perfect day" meant..........

The answer (as far as Afghanistan is concerned) is simple - get out - get out right now. We are wasting our brave young soldiers lives and limbs every single day.
    OldVet likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Were gonna need the ban on machine guns lifted,it should be the same process but how about select fire guns for virtually the same price as semis.
    There are those people that will learn too late that not only will LEO's not be able to defend you,they will be targeted for death by muslims,it's hard to defend against an ambush you don't expect
    onacoma likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    ,it's hard to defend against an ambush you don't expect
    As our Lybia 9/11 event shows, as well as our middle east policies, it hard to defend against ambushs we're warned about if you do nothing to prepare or defend!

Look they all group up and pray 5 time a day. How hard can it be? Lol
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Links