Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again" - Page 2

Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again"

This is a discussion on Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 Sorry your right I didn't read the article I thought it was talking about the previous Chief or was it mayor ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again"

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Sorry your right I didn't read the article I thought it was talking about the previous Chief or was it mayor I get all of the detriot scandals mixed up
    I live in Michigan and I can't keep up with all the scandals coming out of the D!
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Quote Originally Posted by marinevet1994 View Post
    I live in Michigan and I can't keep up with all the scandals coming out of the D!
    As I said, I pretty much have to rely on Motor City Gun to keep me informed on the doings in DE TWA.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    That, I understand. But the reason(s) he has to go? Is it because of his mistress? Is it because he is inept? Is it because he is corrupt?

If it's all three, the first is of NO consequence, except for a policy against fraternization ... which is one reason for dismissal... HE violated policy, doesn't matter which one... And he is inept because....__________ and his corruption is proved by___________.
    Yes.....An individual in his position should be above this type of behavior.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Yes.....An individual in his position should be above this type of behavior.
    Really.... which type of behavior would it be okay for him to do?

Role models are not gods... and therefore not perfect... a good role model will admit his "sins"... and carry on... I think...

Some of the best leaders we have ever had have had many many "character flaws." But they excelled at leadership...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that one of the requirements to be a LEO (and even a security guard) is to be of "good moral character."
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Fraternization with a subordinate is...simply put...stupid. Fraternization with a married subordinate is a whole new level of stupid. Her sending a picture of a pistol in your mouth is moronically stupid.

They should both be fired, then locked in a room together so they can "stupid" each other to their heart's content.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    A handful of drunk, blind roustabouts could run the Good Ship Lollypop better than these educated thugs run this town.

The politicians have ruined Detroit.
    Save for Dennis Archer, who tried to do some good, but the city council railroaded him out because he would not play dirty with them.
    They have fleeced the hard-working people, and the majority of folks who could, left, while some have stayed out of strong attachment.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Made for TV movie coming out next year. Maybe they can get Will Smith for the part of the Chief.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that one of the requirements to be a LEO (and even a security guard) is to be of "good moral character."
    I think your confusing the uniforms of security guards, cops..... and Boy Scouts...

yippie kai ay....
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Any guy who feels he needs more than one woman generally gets what he deserves. Or is a glutton for punishment!
    I don't see having more than one woman as a problem, unless you're married and lying about it to your wife.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Fraternization with a subordinate is...simply put...stupid. Fraternization with a married subordinate is a whole new level of stupid. Her sending a picture of a pistol in your mouth is moronically stupid.

They should both be fired, then locked in a room together so they can "stupid" each other to their heart's content.
    While I agree, I must say it was a pretty good picture of her.. I wonder how many times she took it until she decided on one that was good enough..
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

From 20 years in the Detroit area...Detroit will never change. It will always be the same things over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Really.... which type of behavior would it be okay for him to do?

Role models are not gods... and therefore not perfect... a good role model will admit his "sins"... and carry on... I think...

Some of the best leaders we have ever had have had many many "character flaws." But they excelled at leadership...
    Sorry Oak, I am still of the mindset that people in these positions should be held to a higher standard. The bold shows, that there may be some doubt in your mind....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

MJK
    I hold my elected officials to the same standards by which I abide and expect them to comply with applicable laws, regulations and policies. Those in leadership positions - both formal and informal - must also role model for those who haven't the same standards of behavior.

If these standards were not upheld then the consequences should be proportional to the severity of the infraction. I'm confident there are folks in a better position than me to render that judgement.
    wingryder likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links