Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again"

This is a discussion on Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Harryball Sorry Oak, I am still of the mindset that people in these positions should be held to a higher standard. The ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again"

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Sorry Oak, I am still of the mindset that people in these positions should be held to a higher standard. The bold shows, that there may be some doubt in your mind....
    I understand.... You'd likely have some problems with the guys that started this country, then. I think...

The emphasis in my "I think," above (your example and my response) shows the emphasis where it should be "I think" is the same as "IMO" in both cases...

I think.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    He's not worth it, lady!
    If you lay with dogs; don't be surprised when you get fleas.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I'd be more concerned with an LEO swallowing the barrel on her EDC,regardless of the reason etc. there is no way I would allow her to be armed,especially with a department issued firearm.
    In most cases that would be enough to terminate with cause.
    minimalbrat likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    As I said, I pretty much have to rely on Motor City Gun to keep me informed on the doings in DE TWA.
    Here's who Ralphie-boy was having the (other) affair with: Cop says she has proof she traded sex with Godbee for promotion
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Probably plays golf with Tiger Woods.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Seems like that position in Detroit (Chief of Police) has a serious sexual juju on it.

Also, I wonder if the Chief really liked looking into her fake Michael Jackson 'Thriller' eyes...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    "let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

So, which one of you is without sin, eh?

Only difference 'tween him and many other bureaucrats/politicians/dog catchers is that he got caught...

We are all human... No one sin is greater than another... And the "sin" need not be a "religious deal" either... We all have foibles.

People in glass houses... and all that.

The founding fathers had mistresses... had slaves as mistresses... so what?

Re: this police chief: Did it affect his performance? Who knows.. maybe it was better for it..?

But if it was against policy, then he deserves to go for breaking the policy... not for any other "moral judgement"
    If you're implying we all have women on the side, you'd best duck 'cause I'll be the first to throw a stone.
    wingryder likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links