Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again"

This is a discussion on Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I also wonder how many safe gun handling rules are violated by the female subordinate officer (see pic). Detroit police chief suspended over affair with ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Detroit Top Cop - "Deja vu all over again"

Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

He's not worth it, lady!
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Any guy who feels he needs more than one woman generally gets what he deserves. Or is a glutton for punishment!
    wingryder likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Nothing wrong with having lots of friends as long as all the friends are ok with it. Lieing is the issue, not being "popular"
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Any guy who feels he needs more than one woman generally gets what he deserves. Or is a glutton for punishment!
    I've never understood it either. I promised my wife that if she dies before me, that I'll remain single and faithful. She knows that it's not out of pure love, either.

LMAO, this is movie of the week material....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Yes, this is the quality of the individuals that people think will protect them.
    darbo likes this.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

"let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"

So, which one of you is without sin, eh?

Only difference 'tween him and many other bureaucrats/politicians/dog catchers is that he got caught...

We are all human... No one sin is greater than another... And the "sin" need not be a "religious deal" either... We all have foibles.

People in glass houses... and all that.

The founding fathers had mistresses... had slaves as mistresses... so what?

Re: this police chief: Did it affect his performance? Who knows.. maybe it was better for it..?

But if it was against policy, then he deserves to go for breaking the policy... not for any other "moral judgement"
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Moderator
    Once again it isn't what he did that got him in trouble, it's lieing about it.

If he would have just come clean after he was caught, then he would have been clean-ish
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I didn't read in the article where he lied about it... perhaps that was in a different article.

And clean-ish is about all we can expect anymore... from any public figure/employee/politician..
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

Only difference 'tween him and many other bureaucrats/politicians/dog catchers is that he got caught...

We are all human... No one sin is greater than another... And the "sin" need not be a "religious deal" either... We all have foibles.

People in glass houses... and all that.

The founding fathers had mistresses... had slaves as mistresses... so what?

Re: this police chief: Did it affect his performance? Who knows.. maybe it was better for it..?

But if it was against policy, then he deserves to go for breaking the policy... not for any other "moral judgement"
    I have sinned. I am not casting stones at this preacher. I am not preaching about sin either. This guy has to go....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Moderator
    I didn't read in the article where he lied about it... perhaps that was in a different article.

And clean-ish is about all we can expect anymore... from any public figure/employee/politician..

Sorry your right I didn't read the article I thought it was talking about the previous Chief or was it mayor I get all of the detriot scandals mixed up
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I have sinned. I am not casting stones at this preacher. I am not preaching about sin either. This guy has to go....
    That, I understand. But the reason(s) he has to go? Is it because of his mistress? Is it because he is inept? Is it because he is corrupt?

If it's all three, the first is of NO consequence, except for a policy against fraternization ... which is one reason for dismissal... HE violated policy, doesn't matter which one... And he is inept because....__________ and his corruption is proved by___________.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Irrelevant, IMO. Of course nobody's "sin" free. Doesn't mean such things shouldn't be called what they are, and rooted out where appropriate.

The goal with those in positions of trust with a sworn duty is to identify corruption, gross conflicts of interest, gross breach of trust, or gross breach of policy to the point of endangering the function of the service and/or people receiving the service.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Irrelevant, IMO. Of course nobody's "sin" free. Doesn't mean such things shouldn't be called what they are, and rooted out where appropriate.

The goal with those in positions of trust with a sworn duty is to identify corruption, gross conflicts of interest, gross breach of trust, or gross breach of policy to the point of endangering the function of the service and/or people receiving the service.
    I'm sorry... even our superheroes had "problems" Sppidey had the other Spidey... Superman became an alcoholic....

If... and notice I say if, the job is getting done... Then the job is getting done.

And Police chief in Detroit... is certainly an uphill battle... to say the least... But I don't know Detroit, except for Motor City Gun's posts... And I wouldn't want the job... and if I was forced into it... it might take more than a few "ahem" diversions to let me keep some semblance of sanity.

As always, if you are eligible to vote in that jurisdiction, and you think someone can do better, that's what the polling place is for... USE IT.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links