Interesting lessons here about shooting till you're empty

This is a discussion on Interesting lessons here about shooting till you're empty within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 I assume that he had an 870 cruiser ready with 4 in the tube and the chamber empty. My question is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Interesting lessons here about shooting till you're empty

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I assume that he had an 870 cruiser ready with 4 in the tube and the chamber empty. My question is why didn't he transition to his side arm once he emptied the shotgun?

Of course I don't know how I would have reacted had I been there
    Exactly, which brings me back to training. Quality combative training would have taught him to transition to his sidearm, if not reload his shotgun while staying focused on the perp.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I think you have to change the word training to "upbringing"
    You can confirm with any of my 6 children, I believe the words "training" & "upbringing" to be very closely related.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

: yup: Of that, I have no doubt!

merely semantics... In keeping with my grammar nazi image... :D
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links