Beyond stupid - Page 2

Beyond stupid

This is a discussion on Beyond stupid within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No one called because he lookings like a kid in a sheet with a fake rocket launcher. Even in the heart of Jihad land they ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Beyond stupid

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    No one called because he lookings like a kid in a sheet with a fake rocket launcher. Even in the heart of Jihad land they don't walk around with rocket launchers.

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    No one called because he lookings like a kid in a sheet with a fake rocket launcher. Even in the heart of Jihad land they don't walk around with rocket launchers.
    Really?

Who are these guys? What are they doin'?

images.jpgimage2.jpg

Many more on google...
    OD* likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Really?

Who are these guys? What are they doin'?

images.jpgimage2.jpg

Many more on google...
    I was going to do the same thing LOL....But anyway, the point is this is the US. The guy looked like a joke. Terrorist would not employ a RPG like he did and a nut job most likely would not be able to get hold of an RPG. And if he did I think he would do something more exciting than walking up and down a street.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

STUPID. JUST PLAIN STUPID.

Let’s examine this a little closer. These guys have been watching too much Reality TV. It isn’t really very real when a camera crew is in tow. You are of course only seeing through the lenses of a camera that is being held and operated by another person.

The costume that he was wearing isn’t very convincing either. I’m sure his mother was upset that he snagged the sheet off of his bed to make a video.

My point is this, to the people actually witnessing this it looked more like two clowns making a video. It was a sad attempt to illustrate a threat and how quickly people respond to it. And yet…

The alarming scene, filmed this summer, prompted nearly a dozen calls to 911 from scared motorists.

WATCH: Arizona man busted in grenade launcher hoax to

Obviously people did see this stunt as a threat and called it in to the police. Their attempt was to point out police response time. The police claimed they were there in one minute. The video shows it took them fifteen minutes. There was a study (not clowns in the street with launchers) done that leads me to think it probably was fifteen minutes.
    Response times- city to city

Police normally respond to incidents that have already occurred. This is why I carry a gun to defend myself. Would I have shot this guy if he was aiming a launcher at me? Witnesses and even a reporter described this as a threat. They were amazed that someone didn’t run him over with their car!

Since I carry a gun for self defense it would have to be a threat to my life for me to shoot him. I am not the police or the National Guard. I would have called it in as the other citizens did.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

I absolutely would have shot this guy. Here is the logic (aside from the fact that it's my policy to kill them all, it's the only way to be sure). If he is real, he needs to die. If he is not real he is too stupid to live and therefore needs to die. Either way, I shoot him. As for the camera man? Better shoot him too. If it's a real terrorist, the camera man is an assistant to terror. If it's a fake, the cameraman is as stupid as the idiot in the bed sheet and should not be allowed to live.

There! All settled. See how easy to remove the stress of decision making from your life? In this case there is a bonus! The sheet can cover both bodies and you can cop a free camera.

I don't think I would have shot the idiot but a good old fashioned asa whooping might have been in order..be kinds hard to make another vision with that fake rpg up his butt. .... I would like to see him try that with an ak47 and see how long it took to get shot then.. he chose a weapon that most everyone would know is fake and lets not even go there with the bed sheets....

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Really? For almost 15 minutes this guy walked around with a rocket launcher. I really can't understand how anybody passing by didn't call authorities after seeing this guy. If I were to witness this, calling 911 would be the absolute minimum I'd of done about it.
    People only seem to think and care about themselves today. No one wants to get involved or have their day delayed by filling out reports or having to be a good witness. Sad...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

As far as I'm concerned if he had been shot he would have gotten what he deserved. Just like the ole saying, "The tree of life is self pruning."

Quote Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
    As far as I'm concerned if he had been shot he would have gotten what he deserved. Just like the ole saying, "The tree of life is self pruning."
    Are you forgetting he is a 16 year old kid whose uncle put him up to it? I am not so cavalier in taking a life as you are. It ususally is because I am defending myself or loved ones or in combat. Walking around like an idiot does not mean one deserves to shot.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links