Beyond stupid

This is a discussion on Beyond stupid within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I did not see this posted anywhere. I know I have expressed my views in regards to folks OC'ing not the fact that they are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Beyond stupid

VIP Member

Beyond stupid

I did not see this posted anywhere.

I know I have expressed my views in regards to folks OC'ing not the fact that they are doing it but the reasoning behind it to get police to stop them and record it. I am all for individual's rights and so on but

The following video was made day's after the Batman Theater Shooting and shows how stupid some folks can be. In the world I live and work in this kid would not live 10 seconds. If at home and I saw this I am afraid the same thing would happen. This is beyond stupid.

Dark Knight Shooting Response, Rocket Launcher Police test - YouTube
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

The kid looked like such an idiot that I would not consider his actions to be "menacing".
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Moderator
    I bet their next video will be testing the brakes of semi's on the interstate by jumping in front of them.

Boy are they idiots and I can see why the officers didn't take the seriously becasue a real terrorist would have fired the RPG and not been wearing a mask and a sheet.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

It was stupid, On so many levels its hard to convey the right words. IMO the reason they didnt get the response they were looking for is because the guy carrying around the rocket launcher looked like he was playing around. It didnt look all that real to me.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

They busted him near the end of last month:

WATCH: Arizona man busted in grenade launcher hoax to

I posted a thread to the general forum:

Arizona man busted in grenade launcher hoax to ‘test’ police

One of the most uniquely stupid people I have ever seen. And that's saying a lot.

Question...would an armed citizen have been justified in ending this perceived "terroristic threat". This stuff isn't funny and may be coming to a neighborhood near you!

Mind numbingly, skull crushingly stupid. This complete idiot must have an angel on his shoulder. Some people lose their lives just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and this fool still hasn't been shot.

I tried, but it was just too stupid to watch. Stupid is as stupid does.

VIP Member
    lizjimbo, I really think there would be justification. Yes I realize the costume was childish and hopefully they would have seen the cameraman but let's say a a young man just back from the rockpile is driving down the street. He sees this kid. I cannot see a good ending.
    Same thing with a CC holder. Hopefully he would give some sort of command and the kid would comply.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    It took 14 minutes and 57 seconds from the time we were sure we were first spotted until the time the Phoenix police actually arrived. Even then, their response was less than impressive.
    Really? For almost 15 minutes this guy walked around with a rocket launcher. I really can't understand how anybody passing by didn't call authorities after seeing this guy. If I were to witness this, calling 911 would be the absolute minimum I'd of done about it.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Really? For almost 15 minutes this guy walked around with a rocket launcher. I really can't understand how anybody passing by didn't call authorities after seeing this guy. If I were to witness this, calling 911 would be the absolute minimum I'd of done about it.
    I agree.

VIP Member
    See what happens when you put Michael Moore and Charlie Sheen together in a room without supervision!
    OD*, pgrass101 and Hopyard like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    See what happens when you put Michael Moore and Charlie Sheen together in a room without supervision!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

just looked like a clown to me... If we believed that terrorists of any type are so stereotypically dressed and armed, then we'll never actually spot a terrorist as he prepares to wreak havoc. Reminds me of the time immediately following the OK City bombing, when we jumped to the conclusion that it had to have been done by some maniacal Arab with a thick mustache and beard, a swarthy complexion, and a large curved machette type blade. Meantime, a cleancut All-American white boy drives calmly away from the destruction he just wrought...

I would have calle 911 and went about my business. Terrorist that bother to get an RPG here would not be prancing around like this idiot
    Would a shooting be justified? Not sure about the the laws in every state but some might say "yeah, good shoot" which i disagree with it. If you felt your life was in danger by this idiot then I think some self examination is in order. Sorry, that is the way I see it. Too many folks use the "I was afraid card" too much without really thinking something through. But heck, I can't be inside someone's head, nor can they be in mine for every situation.

As far as this statement:
    but let's say a a young man just back from the rockpile is driving down the street. He sees this kid. I cannot see a good ending.
    I hope to goodness that would nt be the case for many reasons.
    1: Picture the headline "most folks think RPG is a hoax, vet kills BOY with TOY RPG". Doesn't look good for vets. Many folks think everyone coming back has some type of disorder as it is.
    2: I would seriously like to think someone that has been "in country" whether in relative safety or out in the provinces would know better and figure out this was a joke
    3: How many times have we heard here that LEO's and military and former military are better trained than the average citizen, or something to that effect. How they could have handled situations like Aurora and others if allowed to be carrying in a certain place. If, some vet shot this kid that kind of nullifies the arguement that they can process information and make good shoot decisions under stress.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links