SAD: there are no words... none - Page 2

SAD: there are no words... none

This is a discussion on SAD: there are no words... none within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It took deputies 25 minutes? What?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: SAD: there are no words... none

It took deputies 25 minutes? What?

Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    Rural America
    pittypat21 likes this.

What a very sad sorry. I sat and cried while reading. Is there no where safe? Are we not able to know who people are?

The young man said this, "Just to let you know, I hate the feeling of killing someone. I’m going to be messed up."

Is this the kind of people were are producing in society now? He doesn't care about anyone but himself. He only cared about himself when he did what he wanted to do. He still only cares about himself after their deaths.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

There is a reaon for the "Death Penalty" there would be no doubt that he did it and we wouldn't want him to have nightmares,so the best thing to prevent him from suffering is to tell him to hold still while he gets a bullet in the head
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    In one way I see lots of things here to be learned. The one we have to shoot may not fit the role we have in our minds as a/the BG. SA may not work because the situation may not look like a threat until it just happens. The one we have to shoot may be someone we know and maybe even love. There 's most likely more but that's all that come to mind quickly.

Prepare to be ready, anytime, anywhere.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There is a reaon for the "Death Penalty" there would be no doubt that he did it and we wouldn't want him to have nightmares,so the best thing to prevent him from suffering is to tell him to hold still while he gets a bullet in the head
    Say a .22... We wouldn't want him to feel any pain...

Mixed feelings on this one. From outright rage to intense heart-sickness...

My grandson has ADHD. And at times, I can hear him describing such a scene, in the same monotone... And I fear for him. And he's about the same age.

I pray I never have to hear about something like this in my family.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Very creepy...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

mkh
    Really sick and sad at the same time. I loathe what he did and hedeserves to be punished but I feel sorry for him....whatever the reason no 17 year old deserves to be that messed up. Someone somewhere let him down big time.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    That's just horrible. I wonder if he's got a father. I didn't see it in the story.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I'm interested in his background before this. Was he anti social, did he hurt things before - were there signs? I haven't been able to shake it since reading about it soon after it was first posted. Like mkh said, sick and sad at the same time.

What really chilled me was the 911 tape. Maybe he was in shock, but so calm...and still so self centered to be concerned about how he didn't like it, how he'll have nightmares - but no 'OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?! MY MOM...MY SISTER' Nothing that sounds like he's sorry for them, just that he's disappointed with how it made HIM feel. A sociopath.

And saying he used a gun because he didn't think it would hurt?! I know many close to me think I'm overprotective, but that's exactly why I am extremely strict with video games and what my kid's watch on TV. To be that desensitized to violence, to think it won't HURT?! That's sticking with me too. How can a kid that age think that death itsn't messy and painful? My heart just breaks...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    That's just horrible. I wonder if he's got a father. I didn't see it in the story.
    In the 911 call he tells the operator his dad is in DC on business. Also that his grandparents live across the street and an older sister lives with them, another sister is in college and was due for a visit home the next day.

I can't imagine the horror for all of them. He told the operator he doesn't want any visits from family

Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    Aledo is a small spread out bedroom community, that has a small township and is surrounded by Gated Housing Communities. It's not like the Police or Sheriffs Offices are right down the street. Some of the little 2 lane roads wind around for miles. Few go in a straight line. So more than likely the Sheriffs Deputies had to navigate 20 or 30 miles to get to the residence. I use to work out in that part of the World and it takes forever just to stop work and run into town for lunch.

A lot like where I live now. The Local Sheriff is a good 45 minutes away. The closest town LEO's, if they'll come this way are 11 miles of country roads. We shoot coyotes in our yard quite frequently and bother no one with the report of the gun. My neighbors have been shooting Dove since the season opened in their fields and we're all used to it. Hear shooting, check the calendar! Yep, hunting season!

I moved out to the Country 11 years ago and will never live "In Town" ever again!
    We don't depend on the LEO's to save us. Their job is to bring the chalk!
    But yea, I carry all day, every day out here.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

VIP Member
    My impression, from what I read, is that he is just an evil person hanging onto the last vestiges of a conscience that will soon be fully extinguished.

He he been out and randomly killed some stranger I expect he would not have turned himself in but instead would have putrefied into a full blown serial killer.

I will shed no tears for him.

IMO.....if he had a father, they wouldn't have to consider the death penalty......he'd take care of that.

And we can all assume that there are still plenty more individuals out there just like this...a crime looking for a place to happen.

Pretty difficult to understand...actually, I cannot.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links