SAD: there are no words... none

This is a discussion on SAD: there are no words... none within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've dealt with a few that when asked "why" ..... their answer was ... " I wanted to know what it was like to kill ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: SAD: there are no words... none

I've dealt with a few that when asked "why" ..... their answer was ... " I wanted to know what it was like to kill someone" . That was it.. period... their only reason.
    Messed up is an understatement. Disconnected with reality, feelings of any kind, empathy or sympathy for others, any concern for others, etc. Totally disconnected from any normal human emotions or reason. When it really came down to it, they wanted to know if they did something extreme... if they would feel "anything" at all. They didn't.

Sounds like he may be one of them as well.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Some folks just ain't right--ever.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I read this earlier today and like everyone else found it extremely disturbing. Especially the attitude of just wanting to kill someone then complaining that he didn't like it. Wait til Bubba in prison gets ahold of him - see how he likes that.

Saddest part is that it is a common theme in the youth today - taking the "you only live once" attitude too far and never worrying about consequences. I instantly feel like an old man for saying that, but it is true!

This is from a recent case out here in Colorado..............inexplicable..........if nothing else, some resources to help........very chilling............

Kathleen Heide, a criminology professor at the University of South Florida in Tampa, has studied the phenomenon for decades. And by studying FBI crime data from 1976 to 2007, Heide estimates there were more than 1,900 cases nationwide of children 17 and under killing a parent.

What makes the Burlington case unusual is that it may have involved attacks on parents as well as younger siblings, said Heide, who wrote a 1994 book titled, "Why Kids Kill Parents." She said motives generally differ between attacks on parents and attacks on siblings.

In cases of a child killing a parent, Heide said, perpetrators often are motivated by fear or terror, a protective instinct for another parent or a sibling, or a sense that a parent is getting in the way of inappropriate behavior. Other factors include mental health issues or adverse reactions to a drug, Heide said.

In attacks on siblings, motivations can include rivalry or jealousy and a desire to strike at a parent through the death of a child, Heide said. But she added that such attacks are rare because of the prevalence of strong bonds between siblings and, in the case of younger children, their vulnerability.

"It's such an usual event and it's such an extreme event," Heide said of the initial allegations in the Burlington case.

Friends and family described the boy as a good kid, more outgoing than his peers, someone who would volunteer at Evangelical Free Church as a greeter, hand out church bulletins, help with audio and visual equipment and run PowerPoint presentations during services. He helped other children with their Bible verses.

Wally Long of Springfield, Mo., said he spoke with Charles, his brother, at least once a month and that there was no sign of trouble in the home, where Marilyn Long homeschooled the children.

"They loved their kids tremendously. It was their life. I mean, they have seven of them," Long said in an interview with Denver's KMGH-TV that was distributed to local media.

"Their life was wrapped around their kids."

"People have a very difficult time understanding what happened," said Paul Mones, a Portland, Ore., children's rights attorney and author of the book, "`When a Child Kills."
    Depressingly enough, the search on Amazon produced this: Amazon.com: when a child kills: Books

Horrendous. Gut-wrenching.

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    Nothing that sounds like he's sorry for them, just that he's disappointed with how it made HIM feel. A sociopath.
    There is the answer. Sociopaths like this one are not "made", they are born that way. Environmental factors are not the main problem...they can only contribute to them. Not all sociopaths are killers. Some go into business. Some go into politics. Some go into Military. Some go into illegal ventures. Some go into Law Enforcement (like that guy Peterson what killed two wives). They go into all kinds of situations. The common thread is that they have regard for themselves only. Anything they do is fine as long as it is in THEIR best interests. Anything is justifiable as long as it is for them.

One like this one, IMO, I don't believe there is any hope for. He is either going to be a drain on society in prison or give him humane rest....put him down. Sounds harsh, I know, but reality must be faced. A malfunctioning human is like a rabid animal....no productive future. Had he not started off by senseless killing, he may have gone a different route, but he started senseless killing and that is the top of his "chain". Anything else will pale by comparison to a person like that.

It is like that 15 year old girl here in Missouri, that killed a 9 year old to see how it felt. She wrote it gave her a "rush". No hope for this person. She got life with the possibility of parole, but God help society if she ever gets parole, because if free she will chase that "rush" again. The courts have decided we should "warehouse" her for the remainder of her life.
    HotGuns, BigJon10125 and tessa like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I've dealt with a few that when asked "why" ..... their answer was ... " I wanted to know what it was like to kill someone" . That was it.. period... their only reason.
    Messed up is an understatement. Disconnected with reality, feelings of any kind, empathy or sympathy for others, any concern for others, etc. Totally disconnected from any normal human emotions or reason. When it really came down to it, they wanted to know if they did something extreme... if they would feel "anything" at all. They didn't.

Sounds like he may be one of them as well.
    Well put. I agree.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    I'm not a doctor but I know one pretty well. We've had discussions of sociopaths, and it sounds like this poor kid fits the bill. Nobody's a winner here, and I'm not even comfortable vilifying him. That's not a spoiled or misled kid talking. It's someone whose empathic faculties are nil.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Killed his mom and his sister and is worried about HIS nightmares. Yeah, there's something wrong. Does not compute.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    What a very sad sorry. Is there no where safe? Are we not able to know who people are?

Is this the kind of people were are producing in society now? He doesn't care about anyone but himself. He only cared about himself when he did what he wanted to do. He still only cares about himself after their deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There is a reaon for the "Death Penalty" there would be no doubt that he did it and we wouldn't want him to have nightmares,so the best thing to prevent him from suffering is to tell him to hold still while he gets a bullet in the head

^^^^^^YES^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To both.

Based purely on the shooters own statement below;

Evans: I guess this is really selfish to say, but to me, I felt like they were just suffocating me in a way. I donít know. Ö Iím pretty, I guess, evil. Ö Whatever. Iím sorry

Society is allowing people to raise selfish,young people with a warped set of values, who have little to no regard for others.

Hopefully we can turn this around , and bring back accountability as a core value in this country.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Very true. Not everyone shows obvious signs that might be noticed prior to their actions.

Michael
    And some that do show signs are ignored......

Prayers for their friends and family.....

He displays no remorse for killing his mother and his sister beyond how it will affect him. He spends most of the conversation worried about his own well-being. As far as I'm concerned, this young man is a psychopath who was going to kill someone eventually and if allowed to live will continue to kill. As soon as he figures out the fact that it doesn't bother him, he'll start killing more and with far less reason. IMO there's only one solution to a problem like this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I'm glad he is in Texas. if he was in California they would probably let him go in ten years.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

God this made me shudder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links