Armed business owner thwarts attempted robbery (Wichita, Ks)

This is a discussion on Armed business owner thwarts attempted robbery (Wichita, Ks) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's good that his guy stopped the robbery attempt and was being situationally aware.... but he's spoken I think too much to the media about ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Armed business owner thwarts attempted robbery (Wichita, Ks)

It's good that his guy stopped the robbery attempt and was being situationally aware.... but he's spoken I think too much to the media about it, and he's being held up a bit as an example (negatively) of "some" conceal carry people. One bad is, he's pocket carrying with a revolver and no holster, and he (in the video with the reporter) fans his stomach with the gun and then admits when asked, that it's loaded. Wish he was a "better" example of most people that conceal carry.

Armed business owner thwarts attempted robbery | Wichita Eagle

Exert from article below :

Armed business owner thwarts attempted robbery

The man turned and walked to the front of the antique store, then returned to where Yager was waiting in his truck for an employee to arrive at about 10 a.m. so he could open the Club Billiards that he owns next door.

“Well, why don’t you just go ahead and give me your billfold and I won’t have to pull my gun?” Yager said the man told him.

“I said, ‘Really?’ ” Yager said. “I reached over like I was going to get my billfold and grabbed my gun and stuck it in his face and said, ‘You mean like this?’ ”

The would-be robber’s eyes grew wide and his demeanor suddenly shifted, Yager said.

“He says, ‘Oh, I was just kidding! I was just foolin’ with ya, ya know?’ ” Yager said the man replied.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Well, that screws me...

I mean, aside from the fact that he doesn't handle, store, and carry his weapon properly...

He went and had MY GUNFIGHT. Dang it. Now I gotta think up another gunfight and make it MY GUNFIGHT.

"You want my wallet?" Draw gun. Point at nose. Pull trigger.

I'll get back to you when I've figured out my new gunfight...

In the meantime, you're right in so many ways about how he "signifies." Really, people are gonna think we're pudgy, myopic, old farts that carry guns just to intimidate wannabe gang bangers...

Sigh.

I hope I don't resemble my remarks too much... :D
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Another dirtbag lead magnet...he's lucky the owner just didn't 'unload' on him.
    But this dirtbag just became a little smarter and my not come up on his next victim with just talk.
    Eagleks likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links