FBI: Friendly fire likely in border shootings

This is a discussion on FBI: Friendly fire likely in border shootings within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ivie fired on his fellow agents and was killed by return fire. Border Patrol officer was killed after he mistakenly fired on fellow agents PHOENIX ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: FBI: Friendly fire likely in border shootings

Ivie fired on his fellow agents and was killed by return fire.

Border Patrol officer was killed after he mistakenly fired on fellow agents

PHOENIX — The head of the U.S. Border Patrol agents’ union says the agent killed last week in a shooting in southern Arizona apparently opened fire on two colleagues thinking they were armed smugglers and was killed when they returned fire.

2. Remove Ads

Well I guess that cinches it. George is a friend of mine. If he says that is the story, then that is the story.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayopo View Post
    Side factor, having been privelidged to be a Border Patrol officer, I have yet to see where a Border Patrol Officer opens fire first? Plus one was shot in the posterior section of his anatomy, meaning fire was coming from behind, or are they going to accuse him of running away ?

Another factor is the fact that the Obuma unloading process is comng soon, so any suggestion that the Border is unsafe, has to be countered. So having untrained BPO shooting each other is a very tempting fabrication to divert attention from the fact that the Border is very dangerus, and is escalating.

Next they wil be saying to lower the Border violence even more, keep the BPO at their central office instead of running all over the Border doing what they were created for.. He he he

Don jose de La Mancha
    Actually I just assumed that he was probably taking evasive action when hit. Not everyone who is running away or has their back turned are cowards. Some are just looking for a better defensive position. But you can call it running away if you like.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links