FBI: Friendly fire likely in border shootings

This is a discussion on FBI: Friendly fire likely in border shootings within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "There are strong preliminary indications that the death of United States Border Patrol Agent Nicholas J. Ivie and the injury to a second agent was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: FBI: Friendly fire likely in border shootings

"There are strong preliminary indications that the death of United States Border Patrol Agent Nicholas J. Ivie and the injury to a second agent was the result of an accidental shooting incident involving only the agents," FBI Special Agent in Charge James L. Turgal Jr. said in a statement.
    FBI: Friendly fire likely in border shootings - Yahoo! News
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Definitely want more details. Smells fishy.
    phreddy likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I agree something is odd. Mexico already have 2 arrested as suspects in the case

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=122792

Sent via Messenger Pigeon

Yeah, I want to know more.
    goldshellback likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Sounds like BS to me. It IS election season.
    goldshellback likes this.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

VIP Member
    I trust reports from both the U.S. and Mexican governments equally on this one.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Side factor, having been privelidged to be a Border Patrol officer, I have yet to see where a Border Patrol Officer opens fire first? Plus one was shot in the posterior section of his anatomy, meaning fire was coming from behind, or are they going to accuse him of running away ?

Another factor is the fact that the Obuma unloading process is comng soon, so any suggestion that the Border is unsafe, has to be countered. So having untrained BPO shooting each other is a very tempting fabrication to divert attention from the fact that the Border is very dangerus, and is escalating.

Next they wil be saying to lower the Border violence even more, keep the BPO at their central office instead of running all over the Border doing what they were created for.. He he he

Don jose de La Mancha

I got to agree Never seen BP fire unless attacked first.I'd love to see the evidence and statements from surviving BP agents.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

All three personnel on the scene fired their weapons.

FBI: Strong signs border death was friendly fire - Yahoo! News

Federal investigators used ballistic testing to determine that the shootings likely resulted from friendly fire, according to the Cochise County Sheriff's Office, which is assisting the FBI in the probe.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................

McCubbin told The Arizona Republic that the agents had split up as they investigated the sensor alarm.

"Coming in from different angles, that is more than likely how it ended up happening," he said.

I've heard of people being shot in the butt as they fell...
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Eh, Mexico arresting someone counts for little, considering how crooked they are down there. I'll wait.

If our "government" (FBI, CIA, ATF, IRS) says one thing, I have to believe it's a lie, and will believe the opposite. It's a shame that after a lifetime of being proud of my country, I have to consider it less trustworthy than any third world country. Hussein/holder is just trying to cover up another failed scheme.
    foxytwo and JayTee like this.

I am hearing from my contacts, it smells like another cover up.

Bright full moon, guys familiar with the terrain and used to working together.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Well, I am suspicious of EVERYTHING, but the explanation for the shooting seems perfectly plausible. Seems like the agents might need more training for these particular types of encounters.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Another AP article in local paper
    Border Patrol agent slain in Cochise County fired first

It does seem plausable and ballistics would confirm it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links