Good: Police: Man shot in Tampa was committing home invasion

This is a discussion on Good: Police: Man shot in Tampa was committing home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Man shot in Tampa was committing home invasion Another example of a gun possibly saving someones life. It's bad that this guy could possibly ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By Brad426

Thread: Good: Police: Man shot in Tampa was committing home invasion

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Police: Man shot in Tampa was committing home invasion

Another example of a gun possibly saving someones life. It's bad that this guy could possibly die, but he made his choice to try and break into someones home.

Yep, he made his own bed.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

I hate how the graphic says "Shooting Investigation" instead of "Home Invasion Investigation".

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Police: Man shot in Tampa was committing home invasion

Another example of a gun possibly saving someones life. It's bad that this guy could possibly die, but he made his choice to try and break into someones home.
    NO, it's not at all bad.

Very little info. I don't mean to be harsh, as I am a very nice guy, but it would have been a better outcome if the BG would have been killed. He's wanted for a home invasion while committing another home invasion. What that tells me is that the ONLY thing that will stop him is death.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

If he lives, he will try again. It would be better for everyone if he took a turn for the worse.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Yep, he made his own bed.

^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by blanco64 View Post
    I hate how the graphic says "Shooting Investigation" instead of "Home Invasion Investigation".

^^I hear you^^^^^^^

But to their defense, right above that, it says

Man shot in Tampa was committing home invasion

Far as I'm concerned it should say;

Knuckledragger scumbag got what he deserved as he was shot while in the process of commiting a home invasion
    Sig 210 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    Very little info. I don't mean to be harsh, as I am a very nice guy, but it would have been a better outcome if the BG would have been killed. He's wanted for a home invasion while committing another home invasion. What that tells me is that the ONLY thing that will stop him is death.
    After being shot on this one, he may think twice prior to committing another.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    After being shot on this one, he may think twice prior to committing another.
    Or he may just go in shooting on the next one...
    oneshot likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Update:

Turns out the scumbag; one "Kool Aid", shot himself with with his own gun while struggling with the lady: It can't get better than that. Two other scumbags were involved, including one the victim described as "like family".

Home invasion suspect in critical condition after being shot in struggle - Tampa Bay Times

Two others were also arrested in connection with the home invasion, although police have not provided information about their alleged roles.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Update:

Turns out the scumbag; one "Kool Aid", shot himself with with his own gun while struggling with the lady: It can't get better than that. Two other scumbags were involved, including one the victim described as "like family".

Home invasion suspect in critical condition after being shot in struggle - Tampa Bay Times

Two others were also arrested in connection with the home invasion, although police have not provided information about their alleged roles.

In bold above..............

Icing on the cake!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

It may sound cold, but if he dies, one less dirt bag my Florida taxes are going to be used to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Update:

That is the bad part. She knew one of the perps..

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    IMO, it's not bad at all. It's merely good that the intended victim(s) survived the ordeal. Whatever the criminal idiot has earned, he's earned twice over. You kick sand on a tiger once too often, and the tiger's going to bite. Even a criminal idiot should appreciate that. Well, let him start appreciating.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I find this interesting1

"That history (2nd perps firiendship with homeowner) didn't strain his relationship with Martin (homeowner), who has a lengthy arrest record as well that includes drug and theft charges. She said Acevedo knew about her finances and when her government checks arrive."

So it's not like they were there to steal from the Homeowner, but rather from US Taxpayers.

And what's up with her friend sleeping through the invasion on the couch?
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Links