Detroit - Enter at your own risk - Page 3

Detroit - Enter at your own risk

This is a discussion on Detroit - Enter at your own risk within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldVet I've heard on the internet that all that's left in Detroit is animals. So the people really are gone . In ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Detroit - Enter at your own risk

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I've heard on the internet that all that's left in Detroit is animals. So the people really are gone.
    In about five years, probably a true statement

1/2 of Detroit residents say they don't feel safe in city; many look to police for safety, answers | News - Home
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Had my cpl for about a year.......my first time not carrying was, a co-workers b-day we rented a party bus went to a tigers game and went bar hopping downtown till 3am. Talk about being a little skidish

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Detroit is broke (in more ways than one). It has insufficient tax revenue coming in to pay for basic public services. It has a footprint that is too large for first responders to service effectively let alone efficiently. It is common practice for residents to call the TV station before dialing 911 because they will arrive sooner. They may not be able to do much but neither can the Police - kinda hard to fix dead.

Those that can, have gotten out but some can't. Count your blessings that you weren't born into this situation and please exercise a little restraint before depriving the entire City's population their humanity by refusing to classify them as "people".
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Detroit city leaders have begun shrinking the city. I watched an interesting show on that with my Father not that long ago about how they are reducing the city's size to an area that they can support.

Detroit has some big issues that are being addressed. Slowly though. It was amazing when they showed one region of the city from an aerial photo and had green dots on the homes with people. The area was some 50 or 60 blocks that had almost no one living in the areas, but were demanding city services. It had to be one family per block at best. Detroit truly has lost a lot of people since the boom days.

It's a situation that the only answer the city can have is to shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Detroit city leaders have begun shrinking the city. I watched an interesting show on that with my Father not that long ago about how they are reducing the city's size to an area that they can support.

IMO, that's a great solution, and probably the only one.

Additionally, I'd think they need to arrange, somehow, to bulldoze and clear the abandoned, decrepit properties that'll continue feeding the crime and despair until they're gone. Hm ... perhaps they can get Caterpillar or some other maker to relocate to Detroit, to assist. Even Habitat for Humanity could have a field day, employing folks for decades.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links