Bad: carjacker/murderer kills driver...

This is a discussion on Bad: carjacker/murderer kills driver... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ... Dumps body, drives off with passengers..who have also been shot... Camden, NJ. Possibly bad PCP? STORY HERE: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...1b38c95fcd08e8...

Thread: Bad: carjacker/murderer kills driver...

Bad: carjacker/murderer kills driver...

... Dumps body, drives off with passengers..who have also been shot...

Camden, NJ.

Possibly bad PCP?

STORY HERE: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...1b38c95fcd08e8
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

May not have been random... But drugs were not the reason (maybe)..

A whole slew of stories on this here

Now, aside from the rule of stupids... how do you defend against something like this...

Let's say you and another couple are out for dinner... in town... and afterwards this guy with a gun and a machete slinks up to your car, just as you're about to drive off... tries (or succeeds in) to open your driver's door...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Now, aside from the rule of stupids... how do you defend against something like this...

Let's say you and another couple are out for dinner... in town... and afterwards this guy with a gun and a machete slinks up to your car, just as you're about to drive off... tries (or succeeds in) to open your driver's door...
    As with anything, train and keep your SA up when out and about. I competent, confident and determined attacker if difficult to stop.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Distinguished Member
    "The car was parked in an alley when the masked man approached and got in on the driver's side, Laughlin said."

Not parking in a dark alley on a Saturday night would be the first step in avoiding somthing like this.... just sayin'.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

VIP Member
    May not have been random... But drugs were not the reason (maybe)..

A whole slew of stories on this here

In New Jersey, or in states which honor the Second Amendment?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I tried to start a discussion on access in another sticky post but no one seemed too interested there. There's a new company that was started by a SWAT guy, called TradecraftUSA. I just bought one of their holsters for this reason. There's a video on presenting from a vehicle on their website. Tried to figure out how to post that here but, I don't know how. Anyhow very flexible, very fast but it doesn't look like a normal holster. Do with it what you will, I'm pretty much done trying to get anyone to discuss this with me. Hope it helps.

For TAC1's benefit... here's the holster he's talking about: Tradecraft CL4

and the video showing car carry:
    It could be worse.
    John Adams

Last paragraph to follow. What is wrong with theses people?

"Last month, authorities said they were trying to determine whether a contaminated batch of PCP was going around town after a child was decapitated and two other children's throats were slashed by people believed to be on the illegal drug. A man charged in the attack admitted to police that he had smoked "wet," a combination of PCP and marijuana."

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

VIP Member
    Link in post # 2 is broke.

Who wants to go for a fun filled weekend in Camden!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Definitely randon and seemingly served absolutely no purpose, for the violence..
    I keep telling my kids and wife, people are crazy, and its not limited to any specific place/town/state.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC1 View Post
    I tried to start a discussion on access in another sticky post but no one seemed too interested there. There's a new company that was started by a SWAT guy, called TradecraftUSA. I just bought one of their holsters for this reason. There's a video on presenting from a vehicle on their website. Tried to figure out how to post that here but, I don't know how. Anyhow very flexible, very fast but it doesn't look like a normal holster. Do with it what you will, I'm pretty much done trying to get anyone to discuss this with me. Hope it helps.
    Looks interesting. About $25 delivered, comes in both right and left hand. Easily adapted to a wide variety of firearms. I'd consider getting one for left and one for right, and several caliber anchors.

Links