Could some sanity be returning to the UK?

This is a discussion on Could some sanity be returning to the UK? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by CaveJohnson Being a moderate will get you hate from the extremes of both parties sadly. Look closely and start counting. Find the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Could some sanity be returning to the UK?

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Being a moderate will get you hate from the extremes of both parties sadly.
    Look closely and start counting. Find the actual hate.

2. Remove Ads

I am happy for the Brits and glad that small step is taken for the good guys.

VIP Member
    "and in the heat of the moment uses force that is reasonable in the circumstances but in the cold light of day seems disproportionate they will not be guilty of an offence."

You can just hear the British accent in that statement.

If someone breaks into my home while I'm there, they will be stomped into a grease spot, and I'll get a high-five from our local Sheriff's dept. God Bless America.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    America sucks, but the whole world sucks more!

Hopefuly they are getting fed up over there.
    Problem is, it took 35-40 years or so to get to the sick and unbalanced laws and viewpoints about self-protection, and this problem won't change over night.
    I'm not sure what this topic has to do with America, but having lived overseas for over 5 years, all I can say is: America is the greatest country in the world. We're not perfect, but that's a far cry from "sucks". And you're right that the rest of the world sucks. I wouldn't trade my citizenship for any other country's and I wouldn't want to ever live anywhere else.
    OldVet likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Good for them! Hopefully this is just the start, and a signal to the criminals that their actions will no longer be tolerated, and the "subjects" will no longer be subjected to every will of the thugs. Lets all hope that this "common sense" change propogates throughout their land.
    Walk softly ...

Someone high-up over there must have had a break in eh? T'ain't fun, is it?
    DaveH likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member

Thumbs up More from telegraph.co.uk

'Expect to be shot if you burgle gun owners', judge warns criminals - Telegraph

'Expect to be shot if you burgle gun owners', judge warns criminals

A judge has defended the rights of people to protect their homes, telling two burglars shot during a break-in: “That is the chance you take.”

By Martin Evans, Crime Correspondent, and Sam Marsden

9:30PM BST 26 Sep 2012

Joshua O’Gorman and Daniel Mansell were blasted with a legally-held shotgun after they smashed their way into the isolated rural home of a businessman, Andy Ferrie, and his wife Tracey last month.

The two men, who have a string of convictions between them, were arrested when they arrived at hospital seeking treatment for their injuries. Mr and Mrs Ferrie were also arrested and questioned for more than 40 hours on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. They were later released without charge.

O’Gorman and Mansell appeared at Leicester Crown Court where they were both jailed for four years after admitting burglary.

In a move welcomed by justice campaigners, Judge Michael Pert QC, told the pair they could not expect any leniency simply because they had been wounded in the incident.

SNIP
    save the arrest & 40 hours of questioning.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links