BAD: Bears fan murdered in Jacksonville, Fl. before the Jags game

This is a discussion on BAD: Bears fan murdered in Jacksonville, Fl. before the Jags game within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Man killed 'cold-bloodedly' | News - Home We've been hearing about incidents like this for some time, violence breaking out aginst people wearing an ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By suntzu
  • 3 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: BAD: Bears fan murdered in Jacksonville, Fl. before the Jags game

BAD: Bears fan murdered in Jacksonville, Fl. before the Jags game

Police: Man killed 'cold-bloodedly' | News - Home

We've been hearing about incidents like this for some time, violence breaking out aginst people wearing an opposing teams 'colors'. This one seemed particularly bad by the quiet, coldbloodedness of the act...... BG just gets up, walks over, and slices the guys throat...... then calmly exits the establishment. No argument or altercation leading up to this, no 'words exchanged, just getting up and killing an out-of-town tourist here to watch his team play.

What's going on here sports fans? This craziness seems to happing everywhere and it's getting worse. Going to a football or baseball game used to be FUN regardless who ya rooted for.......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

What's going on here? A growing intolerance of many to cope, deal or otherwise accept situations other than they'd prefer to have them. Anarchy, bit by bit. Thankfully, it's localized and low-level at this point.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Unless I missed something this has nothiing to do with sports or being a fan of a particular team or team colors. According to the articl the man was jealous because his wife was talking to the guy. He went over to him and words were exchanged. Then he killed him.
    bigmacque and goldshellback like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    The creepiest people that I've ever run into, were in bars.

I don't miss bars one bit.
    Ksgunner, bigmacque and Spirit51 like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Plus, Jacksonville is not one of the country's finest cities.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

This is a sad commentary on what society has become.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Unless I missed something this has nothiing to do with sports or being a fan of a particular team or team colors. According to the articl the man was jealous because his wife was talking to the guy. He went over to him and words were exchanged. Then he killed him.
    Your right. The initial reporting had this pegged as a 'fan-rage' type thing. This updated story went into further detail and in my 'skimming' over the story I completly skipped past the 'meat' of it. I am shamed.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Ah, an honor killing.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Someone was apparently trying to compensate for something. Hope the guy get the chair, and quick.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Someone was apparently trying to compensate for something. Hope the guy get the chair, and quick.
    He should get the 'chair' within the month.

He's guilty, there's no question he did it... BUT WAIT... say those against the death penalty!! No,NO he should have years and years of appeals and drag this out as long as possible. Maybe he was 'insane' at that time and should be set free at some point.

Execute him. I'd give the option to the victims family if they would like his throat cut or the electric chair.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Pretty ruthless, beyond trying to reason why.
    Presently reading "One Second After", and if you want to find out how ruthless people can get...normal people without basic necessities...this book will fill that bill.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

For those who don't know, NFL games are something akin to the scene in Mad Max beyond thunderdome. They are dangerous. You will be pushed, you will be spit on, and you are likely ot be attacked. I have received free tickets 3 times from clients; at Cincinnati, at the Jets, and at Chicago. All three the same. NFL games are not fit for civilized persons anymore.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Mr. Ret, I would like to read that book actually. But can you imagine the series an author can put out titled, "One Brick Short" as it seems to be in this case? Not sure if they'd be best sellers, but they sure do have a lot of material to work with now days.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I went to a Dolphins game once, against Pittsburgh. It better on TV. Cheaper, safer, the food's better,...
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sounds like a bad reaction to alcohol. I have a similar allergic reaction...whenever I drink I break out in handcuffs!

Links