A whole new meaning to "smash and grab"

This is a discussion on A whole new meaning to "smash and grab" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This occured in a relatively affluent suburb of the "D", in a LGS that I've been in. http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/video-6...vonia-gun-shop...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 2 Post By BigJon10125

Thread: A whole new meaning to "smash and grab"

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

A whole new meaning to "smash and grab"

This occured in a relatively affluent suburb of the "D", in a LGS that I've been in.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/video-6...vonia-gun-shop
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

They caught 'em...

Lucky grab... But I'm glad they caught the extremely crafty and intelligent criminals...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Nothing new there. Years ago I believe the city of San Diego required gun stores to re-enforce their walls. One shop I know did it with a rebar cage welded in place and then wall-boarded over, and K-barriers all the way around the outside..
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Seen a bunch of these types of breakins on TV,criminals steal a vehicle backin thru the front doors throw a chain around the ATM and jerk it outside where they load it up and take off
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

:( oh suburban Detroit...oh I miss you

They are lucky to be alive, they did have guns after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Nothing new there. Years ago I believe the city of San Diego required gun stores to re-enforce their walls. One shop I know did it with a rebar cage welded in place and then wall-boarded over, and K-barriers all the way around the outside..
    Good gosh... Is there any regulation/code/law/restriction the California Nanny State has missed? Is it true that all clothing in California has to have built in airbags in case you fall down? All spectacles have to be made with soft rubber frames and lenses of soft silicone? Coffee cups have to have cooling jackets to reduce the temp of coffee to below scalding? ( WE KNOW there aren't any disposable cups in California... even at McD's!) I've heard that toilet paper has to be reused 3 times before disposal.... eeeewwww! in a biodegradable hazardous waste receptacle. With warnings printed in 17 languages.
    msgt/ret and OldVet like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I guess if you own a gunshop, heavy congrete posts every few feet would be a good idea and a great deterrence.
    A large gunshop in our area had a fairly large group of 'gang bangers' walk in and spread out during business hours.
    Their behavior was so suspicious (and it happened on several occasions) that police were immediately called... and the staff made it clear to them they were ready for a fight.
    Now these guys aren't even allowed on the property.
    Last edited by Brass63; October 10th, 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typo
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    Now these guys aren't even allowed on the property.
    One of our LGS's doesn't play either. I was in there one day when a gang-banger type tried to walk through the front door. The door wasn't even closed when the owner shouted for him in expletive terms to quickly get out. The owner was so ferocious that the kid didn't even hesitate and in one fluid movement was back out the door.

Senior Moderator
    Someone drove a stolen car into the Best Buy here in Montgomery and stole sevearl apple products
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Someone drove a stolen car into the Best Buy here in Montgomery and stole sevearl apple products
    Could have at least made it worth it and stole some quality items
    WHEC724 and msgt/ret like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Holy Crap, one of the other drivers where I work hangs out at that shop all the time.

The shop on the NE side where I frequent would probably be vulnerable to this after hours, but during the day, any hayshakers would be down for the count.
    The owners AND the 3-4 other guys in there would quickly have a hail of lead into the BG.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Holy Crap, one of the other drivers where I work hangs out at that shop all the time.

The shop on the NE side where I frequent would probably be vulnerable to this after hours, but during the day, any hayshakers would be down for the count.
    The owners AND the 3-4 other guys in there would quickly have a hail of lead into the BG.
    I know...it gives you pause, don't it?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Links