Good: Son protects mom, shoots at BGs...

This is a discussion on Good: Son protects mom, shoots at BGs... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ... With their own gun... Didn't have to use his own boolits! Story here: http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Mothe...173595121.html...

Thread: Good: Son protects mom, shoots at BGs...

Good: Son protects mom, shoots at BGs...

... With their own gun... Didn't have to use his own boolits!

Story here: http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Mothe...173595121.html
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Extreemly lucky. Hopefully he'll be armed from here on out. Jewlery isn't a profession I'd want to be unarmed doing......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Confusing article -- I got the point about the son getting the bad guy's gun and shooting back. But before the article even mentioned any resistance, it stated that the bad guys got scared and ran.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    Confusing article -- I got the point about the son getting the bad guy's gun and shooting back. But before the article even mentioned any resistance, it stated that the bad guys got scared and ran.
    I think they got scared when the one dropped his gun...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

From the article: "People running out from nearby businesses managed to catch two of the three robbers."

Sounds like it's time for the trio to move to a more crime-friendly neighborhood altogether.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    So he had a gun, but not near enough to grab. He struggled with an armed robber and the gun went off, which scared the bad guys enough to fun outside the building... and then hang out for a while???

And then he takes the gun one of them dropped and shot at fleeing criminals? Then he chased them, and the people from other businesses that came out so they could get shot too aprehended two of the robbers. Wow

I'm glad it all worked out for this guy, but he is lucky he had incompetant and stupid people trying to rob his store, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in trouble for shooting at them after they left. He may be ok if he can articulate that he thought they might be regrouping and coming back in. But he is doing himself no favors by telling reporters "I wanted 'em".

Edit---------------

I just noticed it was in Texas, so I guess he should be ok legally.
    Last edited by BigStick; October 11th, 2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: It's in Texas
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    I'd say it would have been a good shoot, not only in Texas but almost anywhere in the US.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links