‘You should’ve served US better and died!’

This is a discussion on ‘You should’ve served US better and died!’ within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure if this belongs here or in offtopic because its not necessarily a shooting, but it is in the news. Mods can move if ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By whoppo
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 2 Post By OPFOR
  • 1 Post By Spirit51

Thread: ‘You should’ve served US better and died!’

‘You should’ve served US better and died!’

Not sure if this belongs here or in offtopic because its not necessarily a shooting, but it is in the news. Mods can move if needed.
    This just disgust me on all levels. I understand people should pay their debts, but the things this debt collector said are just terribly wrong.

‘You should’ve served US better and died!’ Debt collector berates disabled veteran — RT

2. Remove Ads

I've had the pleasure of dealing with scumbags like this debt collectorf in the past and over a debt that wasn't even mine (same name, but not me). I've got a thick skin and a very long fuse, so it was more entertaining for me than is was disturbing, but the guy was a total <insert favorite expletive here> for sure.

Now this guy hassling someone who sacrificed so much for his country... I'd like five minutes with him in a dark alley.. just five minutes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

there are scumbags.... and then there are "scumbags".

I had some dealings with one who was making all kinds of threats, etc. .... as well as calling my employer and causing all kinds of problems as well.

Problem was, I didn't owe anyone any money on any loan, and in particular them.

So, then I did my digging..... long story, but took the things I found to the DA's office in Houston , Texas (where they supposed were officed) , and there was a warrant out for their arrest for fraud, etc. Also took it much further, and there were Fedl Charges filed against them and warrants put out for their arrest as well.
    And, the Post Office.... because in some following conversations they were really dumb enough to start harrassing me by mail.... and there were charges from the Post Office for using the US mail by a fradulent enterprise, etc.

I had one call me once for $2........ on an advertisement in the paper. It was $5 for the ad, and an extra $2 for an extra line. All of it had been paid upfront, and after 2-3 notices from the paper, sending them copies of the cancelled check, etc. and them saying they would "fix it" and to ingnore it (as I had obviously paid it) the collection agency started calling me. I had fun with that one...... basically filed a small claims lawsuit against the paper and collection agency for fradulently trying to collect a debt that was never owed, the harrassment calls, etc. Their $2 error, cost them $500. I did that "on principle".

Someone saying the things to this guy that they are...... are beyond "over the line" ...... and he could sue them for it. The laws here specifically state they cannot do what they are doing, nor make the kind of derogatory comments to him that they are.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I don't think it would take 5 minutes whoppo. He would probably need a change of clothes in the first 30 seconds. Most of these guys are tough on the phone but something else entirely in person.

Quote Originally Posted by From the diatribe
    “If you would have served our country better you would not be a disabled veteran living off Social Security while the rest of us honest Americans work our asses off,” one of the agency’s debt collectors allegedly told the vet. “Too bad, you should have died.”
    Yeah, if one successfully avoids land mines, agent orange, sniper fire and claymores, one can be more likely to avoid being harmed by such things. He's right about that, the little faux statistician.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Um, since when is a debt collector a public servant?
    OldVet and atctimmy like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Um, since when is a debt collector a public servant?
    Oops. Was doing "double duty" in a few different threads. Got the post mixed up, there. "Public servant" indeed.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I don't think it would take 5 minutes whoppo. He would probably need a change of clothes in the first 30 seconds. Most of these guys are tough on the phone but something else entirely in person.
    Yup. We call em "telephone tough guys"

Unfortunately, debt collection is a necessary evil. Plenty of people ignore their debt and spend what they have on novelties. Cant tell you how many people I see driving $50,000 cars and using a benefit card (food stamp card) for groceries. It's a disgrace.

I just hate to think that some of these collection guys will stoop to this level though. I really hope its an exaggerated story....if not, this debt collector should be immediately shipped off to one of the 'Stan's for a few years. He needs a little sand where the sun dont shine. Horrible.

"100% disabled after suffering head and spine injuries"?

Shudder. I can barely imagine.
    Mental illness incidents are used to threaten gun rights.
    The March of Dimes headed off the Universal Iron Lung coverage debate, just sayin'.
    Alternately, for those with a toolshed and ideas.

God has a place for people like this cold and heartless dept collector....it is called Hell.

This guy needs to be put in a uniform, given a weapon and sent to fight in place of this Wounded Warrior. But it sounds like the kind of person he is...he would join the enemy. He has been shown to be a person lacking of honor and compassion....and common sense.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    I hope he collects 100x the amount the scumbags were trying to collect from him. Hopefully the collection agent will get the same type of harassment on his bills once he's fired!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Not that I doubt the story, but do note that the link was rt.com which is a Russian site and may contain propaganda. Now, I also like to read that site now and then to get a different take on current events.

Sent via mental telepathy

Links