Mob picks on 'the wrong guy' - Page 2

Mob picks on 'the wrong guy'

This is a discussion on Mob picks on 'the wrong guy' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This article was is more about race than self defense. I find it a bit odd that the "Wrong Guy" did not contact the authorities ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Mob picks on 'the wrong guy'

This article was is more about race than self defense. I find it a bit odd that the "Wrong Guy" did not contact the authorities immediately after he felt he was safe to report the attempted assault and his self defense actions. Sounds to me like these two guys got what was coming to them, but lets not hold the "victim" on a pedestal.

Lets keep the discussion about self defense and not race by closing this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Ames is predominantly white folks, so no surprises there. St. Louis is 44% white, so no surprise there, either. You were saying?
    I was saying... the race of the attackers is inconsequential. It simply doesn't matter. He he points out that the race of the defender is unknown, and frankly, is of no import. Good guy=1/Bad Guys=0 Color matters? How? If it is inconsequential for the defender... it is equally unimportant as regards the mob.

Just because we know the race of the gang that attacked him (and all the other "Black Mob" violence he links to) doesn't mean that all mob attacks are by blacks... but it insinuates it.

If you see nine black guys with a few big bags over their shoulder and a few baseball bats... is it a team... or a gang?
    If you see nine white guys with the same, which is it..?

Want to see mob violence? Watch the aftermath of an international soccer/futbol match...

The "race card" is completely unnecessary... that is what I'm saying... We don't even need a description of the perps in this case... one is dead, one is hospitalized.

Remember when Zimmerman was a "white guy?" And how it played into race baiting... and all of that? It's unnecessary cow flop.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

It is sick what this world has come to.

Cow flop.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

I agree that criminals come in all sizes and colors. You live in a white neighborhood and odds are the crooks are white, black area and they're black, etc.. In my opinion the color of the mob was not central to the story and would not have been included had I writen the piece. But I didn't write the article and the color of the mob was an accurately reported fact. I can handle the truth. Personally I'd be happy if this was the least egregious example of twisting the circumstances of an incident our "free press" has engaged in recently.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Good on the guy...

But.

For some reason I feel uncomfortable with the "Black Mob" mentality of the article... I am certain that the author has links to valid news stories of "black mobs" around the country.

But I've also seen predominantly white folks in Ames, Iowa act far worse than the "black mob" that tried to hit one guy (and rightfully paid the price).

The Knockout Game is played by white/black/mixed race gangs in the cities. Is it predominantly black? Is that all we hear of in press reports?

Just sayin'
    That's what I was thinking too. I don't care who they are, they all need to be picking on the wrong guy. I wish more of the anti-defend yourself people would take into consideration and give some real deep thought to one thing that was said in the article though. This is exactly why there are predators and how they think:

Nor do they fight back: As one player said in Philadelphia as his victim begged for mercy: “It’s not our fault you can’t fight.”

The relatives of the "angels" have a different idea of what justice is than I do though. To me, justice has been served. And if they want a real logical answer as to why this happened, they need not look farther than the mirror. If their little angels weren't out past curfew, then they would have never ran into anyone trying to defend themselves.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

NMB
    The RIP Deondre facebook page is priceless. Read the comments on the pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/RipDeandreFelton
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Good on the guy that he defended himself. BUT, he, didn't go to the police afterwards...wrongo.

Also, the kids were no angels, but keep in mind the dead one is 15 and the survivor is 13, I can't bring myself to say "glad they're dead".
    But you know who DOES deserve all the pain they're going through (and more)? Their wretched, uncaring, neglectful families; I wish them all the emotional pain they deserve for producing children like these.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member
    Family friend and minister Rev. Dante Moss, who officiated at DeAndre’s funeral, held a press conference and called the police findings a “comic book.” Moss compared DeAndre to Trayvon.
    He and I agree that DeAndre can be compared to Trayvon, but not for the same reason as he believes.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Congrats to this victim who WAS a cut above the rest.
    msgt/ret, thephanatik and GrandZJ like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats to this victim who WAS a cut above the rest.
    That was punny
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."

- Dave Gell

I love happy endings!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I always find it funny that the parents a relatives of these thugs always preach what a good boy their son was. They just don't want to or don't see their son as a thug.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Another good reason to carry as often as possible. If i dont have my shield 40 or my 442 on me i always have a one handed spring assist kershaw knife.
    PROTECT THE FLOCK, CONFRONT THE WOLF.....

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    I bet the "victim" had rap sheet as long as your arm, and he was carrying an illegal knife.

Ifso, he would be showing good sense to not go to the police.

I do not regard the death of this 15 year old as a tragedy. Too bad the 13 year old survived.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links