Mob picks on 'the wrong guy'

This is a discussion on Mob picks on 'the wrong guy' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hesitate to blame the 'kids'. It is mostly the parents (or lack of) that I blame. Another good portion of the blame has to ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Mob picks on 'the wrong guy'

I hesitate to blame the 'kids'. It is mostly the parents (or lack of) that I blame. Another good portion of the blame has to be placed directly on our entitlement society, which seems to be completely fine with having as many illegitimate children as you can possibly pop out.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I was saying... the race of the attackers is inconsequential. It simply doesn't matter. He he points out that the race of the defender is unknown, and frankly, is of no import. Good guy=1/Bad Guys=0 Color matters? How? If it is inconsequential for the defender... it is equally unimportant as regards the mob.

Just because we know the race of the gang that attacked him (and all the other "Black Mob" violence he links to) doesn't mean that all mob attacks are by blacks... but it insinuates it.

If you see nine black guys with a few big bags over their shoulder and a few baseball bats... is it a team... or a gang?
    If you see nine white guys with the same, which is it..?

Want to see mob violence? Watch the aftermath of an international soccer/futbol match...

The "race card" is completely unnecessary... that is what I'm saying... We don't even need a description of the perps in this case... one is dead, one is hospitalized.

Remember when Zimmerman was a "white guy?" And how it played into race baiting... and all of that? It's unnecessary cow flop.
    No insinuations. We have had the race-baiting, demographics-of-violent-crime-in-America debate numerous times before. Trying to pretend or ignore those demographics away doesn't really make them go away.
    CIBMike likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    No insinuations. We have had the race-baiting, demographics-of-violent-crime-in-America debate numerous times before. Trying to pretend or ignore those demographics away doesn't really make them go away.
    Ignoring the statistics about the demographics might not make them go away, but its the right thing to do.
    dbglock likes this.

If as reported by all the witnesses ...

"Why should another one of Gods black angels die without no type of justice ..."
    Everyone dies. Not everyone truly lives.

And such as these opted to die with eight of their criminal cronies hidden in the bushes watching while they ganged up on an unsuspecting innocent, someone (as it turns out) who suspected far more than they believed he would. Choices. It all comes down to choices.

"He was stabbed last night on kensington ave by a coward who didn’t stop to think that this was someone’s baby ughhh," said Annette Rosado.
    No, he didn't think about that. He was too busy avoiding getting killed himself, in the two-on-one attack.

Celines Matias Rodriguez said: “justice for deandre!!
    He got his justice, for his two-on-one attack of an innocent while eight cohorts waited in the wings.

Celines Matias Rodriguez said: "... And for his friend who was stabbed while he was turned away!!!! An arrest needs to be made!!!! An adult using a knife on small children needs to be punished!!!! I pray to God that charges are brought about soon….”
    Play foolish games with knives, sometimes you get cut. Even a child knows this. Except this gang of "children," it seems, forgot. Like they forgot the simple and most basic rule of being a living thing: the right to life and the defense of it.

"This is a monster, this is a monster after children," Alexis Jones said.
    Despite the testimony of all witnesses, hm?

"This man is still on the streets, and my son is sitting home trying to recover."
    The attacked would be, wouldn't he? At least, in a place where the rule of law still exists.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Demographics aside, violent crime corrolates with low income/poverty. Unfortunately, demographics bear out that a high percentage of Blacks fall in the lower income/poverty level economically. Further, 98% of violent crime committed against Blacks is committed BY Blacks.... Doesn't matter... anyone can be the target of random violence, and unfortunately, the only way to protect yourself from such violence, (and it's still not a fail
    safe method) is to be armed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    Ignoring the statistics about the demographics might not make them go away, but its the right thing to do.
    So, you are saying profiling is unacceptable? Seems to me like profiling is an integral part of SA. I would have a different approach to passing a group of 9 grannies (regardless of race) than I would a group of droopy drawers, mid-late teen boys with serious attitude. Not saying either is absolutely going to be a problem or not a problem, but I would be more likely to give the boys a bit more space.
    ccw9mm and msgt/ret like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    So, you are saying profiling is unacceptable? Seems to me like profiling is an integral part of SA. I would have a different approach to passing a group of 9 grannies (regardless of race) than I would a group of droopy drawers, mid-late teen boys with serious attitude. Not saying either is absolutely going to be a problem or not a problem, but I would be more likely to give the boys a bit more space.
    And notice... You didn't need to include the race of those droopy-drawered teen boys either... Could be any ethnicity.
    steffen and msgt/ret like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Ok, so two thugs were cut up, what happened to the rest of his mob I wonder?
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    The RIP Deondre facebook page is priceless. Read the comments on the pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/RipDeandreFelton
    He and his friends certainly look like upstanding young people.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Nothing wrong with profiling, but as oakshas already said, the race/ethnicity isn't important as far as SA is really concerned. There are more important things to pay attention to like body language, positioning, and the presence of a weapon. You could make an argument for profiling people who wear certain types/styles of clothing though and I would agree with you.

VIP Member
    There is a significant difference between right and politically correct.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    He and his friends certainly look like upstanding young people.
    Yes, and how interesting. I will mark this day on the calendar as it's the first time I've been flipped off by an angel.
    OD* likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Nothing wrong with profiling, but as oakshas already said, the race/ethnicity isn't important as far as SA is really concerned. There are more important things to pay attention to like body language, positioning, and the presence of a weapon. You could make an argument for profiling people who wear certain types/styles of clothing though and I would agree with you.
    Politically-correct profiling...outstanding.
    OD* likes this.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Politically-correct profiling...outstanding.
    The Israelis do it all the time... Semitic people are all of the same race...

And remember, one of the jihadis we caught over in the sandbox was California white bread...

Many of this country's most vile group's/gang's membership is exclusively white.

And they too are called "angels."
    Racketeering, drug running, murder for hire, and other crimes.

I'd certainly give them wide berth as well.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    The Israelis do it all the time... Semitic people are all of the same race...

And remember, one of the jihadis we caught over in the sandbox was California white bread...

Many of this country's most vile group's/gang's membership is exclusively white.

And they too are called "angels."
    Racketeering, drug running, murder for hire, and other crimes.

I'd certainly give them wide berth as well.
    Thank You. I'm glad I'm not the only one who understands my point. And since you mentioned Israel, I'd like to point out that I'm rather envious of how awesome they are when it comes to security. Israel and Switzerland... two contries we can really learn something from.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links