Mob picks on 'the wrong guy' - Page 4

Mob picks on 'the wrong guy'

This is a discussion on Mob picks on 'the wrong guy' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Politically-correct profiling...outstanding. Politics be damned, there are some trends to the characteristics of many violent felons that are hard to ignore. ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Mob picks on 'the wrong guy'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Politically-correct profiling...outstanding.
    Politics be damned, there are some trends to the characteristics of many violent felons that are hard to ignore. When felon after felon gets nabbed, and when we see crime on the streets ourselves, in which stereotypical body language, demeanor, clothing, tats, group behavior, use of "gang" signs/motions, or whatever other characteristic is commonly present ... well then, it's hard to ignore the thought that this next person we see who exhibits many (most, all) of such traits might well also be of similar disposition. "Might" being the operative word.

I suppose felons could break many of the stereotypes by simply heading to Macy's and picking up a few cardigans and decent slacks. But then many would have to nix the meth-head look, the wild look in the eyes, the rings/spikes through new orifices, the ankle-draggin' clothing, the "walk" and the "talk" (demeanor that can be strongly suggestive of where their influences have come from).

Nothing's for certain, in this life. But, as individuals, ignoring potential indicators can be one of the most foolish things we do. No other animal does that. Ignoring a heavy grouping of potential indicators in a single person or group of people can be one of the last things we do. It is what it is.
    steffen, 3wggl, Azchief and 1 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Politics be damned, there are some trends to the characteristics of many violent felons that are hard to ignore. When felon after felon gets nabbed, and when we see crime on the streets ourselves, in which stereotypical body language, demeanor, clothing, tats, group behavior, use of "gang" signs/motions, or whatever other characteristic is commonly present ... well then, it's hard to ignore the thought that this next person we see who exhibits many (most, all) of such traits might well also be of similar disposition. "Might" being the operative word.

I suppose felons could break many of the stereotypes by simply heading to Macy's and picking up a few cardigans and decent slacks. But then many would have to nix the meth-head look, the wild look in the eyes, the rings/spikes through new orifices, the ankle-draggin' clothing, the "walk" and the "talk" (demeanor that can be strongly suggestive of where their influences have come from).

Nothing's for certain, in this life. But, as individuals, ignoring potential indicators can be one of the most foolish things we do. No other animal does that. Ignoring a heavy grouping of potential indicators in a single person or group of people can be one of the last things we do. It is what it is.
    My sarcasm obviously did not shine through.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

My sarcasm obviously did not shine through.
    Didn't get that, no. But then, I have a dry-and-wry sense of humor as well, and I don't always clearly indicate it. Ah, well. Live and learn.
    pfries likes this.

I'm glad for the guy who defended himself, but Im not happy one teenager is dead and another critically injured. Self defense isn't a game. Even if the perpetrators thought they were playing one. The consequences of the encounter are far reaching for everybody. "Glad he got killed? Too bad the 13 year old survived?" WOW.
    steffen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    Self defense isn't a game. Even if the perpetrators thought they were playing one. The consequences of the encounter are far reaching for everybody.
    Yes, the societal influences that create such mentality in people (to commit such crimes) affect everyone. And they affect those paying attention to such influences (those of us defending ourselves against such crimes).

Am not particularly happy a young'un won't see a full life. But then, he'd already apparently made that choice for himself ... to not see a full and worthwhile life ... long before he'd met his last intended victim.

Life isn't a game. Perhaps such wanna-be perps and perps alike will begin to realize it.
    Regoria75 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    The Israelis do it all the time... Semitic people are all of the same race...

And remember, one of the jihadis we caught over in the sandbox was California white bread...

Many of this country's most vile group's/gang's membership is exclusively white.

And they too are called "angels."
    Racketeering, drug running, murder for hire, and other crimes.

I'd certainly give them wide berth as well.
    Semitic refers to a language group, not a race. Jihadism refers to a tenet of a particular religion, again not a race. Yes, white folks are as criminally capable as anyone else.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Good on the guy...

But.

For some reason I feel uncomfortable with the "Black Mob" mentality of the article... I am certain that the author has links to valid news stories of "black mobs" around the country.

But I've also seen predominantly white folks in Ames, Iowa act far worse than the "black mob" that tried to hit one guy (and rightfully paid the price).

The Knockout Game is played by white/black/mixed race gangs in the cities. Is it predominantly black? Is that all we hear of in press reports?

Just sayin'
    if it were a pack of white kids, we all would still be congratulating the mystery man. Pretty sure the crew here is an equal opportunity right to self defense mob.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I bet, based on skills, the victim was a chef...
    pittypat21 and Regoria75 like this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    "Get ready to rock the earth."???

Then get ready for more of these "social injustice's". Perhaps these kids need to be sat down and shown a few videos of how CC permits have shy-rocketed in the past few years and they're not at the top of the food chain, if they ever were.

I just have no comment to this, other than to say ; keep an eye on your kid and he may have not gotten into doing stupid things, with stupid people, threatening other's lives , and ended up dead by doing them. It has nothing to do with 'race' , but a lot to do with stupid and dangerous behavior toward innocent people, who are learning to fight back.

The families didn’t want to hear that explanation.

Deshaun’s mother said the police had it wrong: The Wrong Guy was the real attacker.

“This is a monster, this is a monster after children,” Alexis Jones said. “This man is still on the streets, and my son is sitting home trying to recover. My son has two stab wounds in his back, one on his side, and he has a slice on his neck.”

DeAndre’s mother joined in.

“I just don’t believe it. My son was not raised to be a troublemaker,” said Valda Felton. “I don’t want them or anyone else to make my child out to be a villain.”

Family friend and minister Rev. Dante Moss, who officiated at DeAndre’s funeral, held a press conference and called the police findings a “comic book.” Moss compared DeAndre to Trayvon.

The minister and the family said the police had it wrong: The Wrong Guy attacked DeAndre and DeShaun, not the other way around.

Lots of people joined with Moss to say they had no faith in the police investigation. And they believed the crime against DeAndre and Deshaun was racially motivated.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    It's a predator vs. prey game, and the self-appointed predator played that stupid game, and won that proverbial stupid prize.

The whole thing is a sad state of affairs, and IMO the root of poor parenting skills.......what a waste.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    "Get ready to rock the earth."???
    Sounds essentially like a call to "jihad" to me, unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    “Why should another one of Gods black angels die without no type of justice again from the meriden police dept,” Edwina Lebby posted on Facebook. “If it were a white kid justice would of been served!!!!”
    I think, in this case, justice was served, in fact, a good dose of it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

If I were the victim I would have been carrying a gun and there wouldn't have been a survivor afterwards. This happened not even 20 minutes away from me too.

Semitic refers to a language group, not a race. Jihadism refers to a tenet of a particular religion, again not a race. Yes, white folks are as criminally capable as anyone else.
    Yes, semitic is a 'language group"... but is also used in ethnology...and is used to describe the extended cultures and ethnicities of a "people group" (Wikipedia explained it better than I could so I reworded their "extended definition")

There is no real Arabic or Hispanic "race" But we use the terms to indicate there is... kind of.

Jihadism is indeed a religious tenet... loosely a tenet of "holy war" like the crusades...

So, I think we agree...

And, sarcasm and dry humor can be hard to communicate in the written word....
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links