Mob picks on 'the wrong guy'

This is a discussion on Mob picks on 'the wrong guy' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did not see this posted. It finally happened they picked someone who was SA and they failed, hope it happens more. Black mob picks on ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Mob picks on 'the wrong guy'

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar

Did not see this posted. It finally happened they picked someone who was SA and they failed, hope it happens more.

Black mob picks on ‘The Wrong Guy’

DeAndre Felton and his crew had a problem: The mall was closed. The curfew in effect. But they were still high on drugs and wanted to have more fun. So they decided to beat someone up.

Turns out they chose The Wrong Guy.

They had just come from a local park where DeAndre and 15 others beat up two girls, sending one to the hospital with a broken arm.

So DeAndre came up with an increasingly popular idea: In St. Louis they call it the Knockout Game. In Illinois, Polar Bear Hunting.

Regardless of what DeAndre in Meriden, Conn., called it, the rules are the same all over: Find a person who looks defenseless. Then punch him. Or kick him until you get tired or he is knocked out. Or worse. Game over.
    So when DeAndre and his gang of eight to 10 left the parking lot in a Meriden mall just a few weeks ago – soon after the park beat-down – he was confident little could go wrong when he told his friends he wanted to “beat someone up.”

They found their victim a few minutes later. Soon DeAndre and his confederate, Deshaun Jones, were peeling off from the group, heading for a guy walking home from work. Alone.

We don’t know his name or race or much else about him other than this: He was The Wrong Guy.

With their friends lurking less than 100 yards away, DeAndre and Deshaun attacked The Wrong Guy. Then came the surprise: The Wrong Guy fought back. He pulled a knife. Soon DeAndre was dead, and Deshaun was on his way to the emergency room.
    More details in the article. Good Job Mister Wrong Guy
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Senior Moderator
    Mess with the bull and you get the horn.
    carracer, Spade115, mano3 and 2 others like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

If as reported ...

Exactly what should happen to such cowardly predators: toes up in the gutter, for daring to threaten the lives of others. Good job, indeed.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; October 16th, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Get prepared to see more of this as our youth who won't or can't find employment are bored, angry or just plain criminal and start getting into gangs.

I was hoping to see that the lone victim pulled out a pistol and defended himself against a dozen assailants, but I will accept this.

As I have said, never underestimate your opponent, because you have no idea what they are capable of. Apparently, these thugs did not listen or learn. Now they have paid a heavy cost for their ignorance. Good riddance, hope the other potential thugs learn from this, but probably not.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; October 16th, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
    joker1, skew12 and rdpG19 like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    How dare the police demonize those 2 sweet little angels!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Good on our mysterious man. Way to be.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Mess with the bull and you get the horn.
    And as for this comment, I can't help thinking of this:

628x471.jpg
    minimalbrat and lyz_grace like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

“Why should another one of Gods black angels die without no type of justice again from the meriden police dept,” Edwina Lebby posted on Facebook. “If it were a white kid justice would of been served!!!!”

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    How dare the police demonize those 2 sweet little angels!
    They were angels all right but I doubt they came from above. At least one is where he belongs.
    Hopefully seeing first hand what can happen to criminals a few may change course, but l doubt it.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Cast-Out Angels?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I think that is why I try to stay out of the big cities.

One down, thousands more to go. Good job for the wrong guy, its just to bad the second guy survived.

Wow. Talk about making an example. It's one thing to shoot one of them, but to take on two of them with a knife? That's got to leave an impression on their buddies.
    Spade115 likes this.

Good on the guy...

But.

For some reason I feel uncomfortable with the "Black Mob" mentality of the article... I am certain that the author has links to valid news stories of "black mobs" around the country.

But I've also seen predominantly white folks in Ames, Iowa act far worse than the "black mob" that tried to hit one guy (and rightfully paid the price).

The Knockout Game is played by white/black/mixed race gangs in the cities. Is it predominantly black? Is that all we hear of in press reports?

Just sayin'
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    How about:
    "Black mob picks wrong pastime."

What's wrong with a little hacky sack to kill time and burn off some energy?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Good on the guy...

But.

For some reason I feel uncomfortable with the "Black Mob" mentality of the article... I am certain that the author has links to valid news stories of "black mobs" around the country.

But I've also seen predominantly white folks in Ames, Iowa act far worse than the "black mob" that tried to hit one guy (and rightfully paid the price).

The Knockout Game is played by white/black/mixed race gangs in the cities. Is it predominantly black? Is that all we hear of in press reports?

Just sayin'
    Ames is predominantly white folks, so no surprises there. St. Louis is 44% white, so no surprise there, either. You were saying?
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

From the tweets, is sounds as if the whole neighborhood needs a thorough cleaning. The "I didn't raise my baby to be like that" just doesn't cut it when you don't have a clue as to what he and his friends are doing. Slice and dice, don't want to mess with that dude.
    FoggyGoggles likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links