Vote

Vote

This is a discussion on Vote within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some Say Voter Fraud Billboards Use I don't get some of the comments. This billboard is crime prevention. This is what is going to happen ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By lizjimbo
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: Vote

Vote

Some Say Voter Fraud Billboards Use

I don't get some of the comments. This billboard is crime prevention. This is what is going to happen if you vote illegally or try to do something illegal when it comes to the vote. This doesn't prevent, in any way, someone legally voting.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Well, I certainly hope it does keep folks from illegally voting.
    Stubborn likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I don't even care if it's a "scare tactical" meant to discourage voters from showing up to vote (though it's obvious that it is just to discourage voter fraud). It's true, it's legal, and if someone is scared away from voting because of it, I frankly won't miss their vote. I'm all for an educated populace being the primary check and balance against a tyrannical government. When the people become ignorant, the government will try to get away with more and more until the people are enslaved. If someone is so ignorant that they are scared away from voting because of the billboard, it's probably best they aren't voting, though I believe voting is a right and duty of all people, as well as being educated about the actions of the government that we elect.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I don't even care if it's a "scare tactical" meant to discourage voters from showing up to vote (though it's obvious that it is just to discourage voter fraud). It's true, it's legal, and if someone is scared away from voting because of it, I frankly won't miss their vote. I'm all for an educated populace being the primary check and balance against a tyrannical government. When the people become ignorant, the government will try to get away with more and more until the people are enslaved. If someone is so ignorant that they are scared away from voting because of the billboard, it's probably best they aren't voting, though I believe voting is a right and duty of all people, as well as being educated about the actions of the government that we elect.
    Or as Winston Churchill put it: “The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.”

I agree. If they are so dumb, or so encumbered by an illegal daily lifestyle that the billboard intimidates them, I'd prefer that they not vote.

What hateful forms of intimidation this is...telling people if they violate the laws they could be in serious trouble! Must be some right wing lunacy running wild out in America today.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Facts is facts..
    Voter fraud is illegal...
    Intimidation? What, you got a guilty conscience?

Don't Jaywalk! It's a crime!

Gun Crime=Hard Time

Speed Limt 35

Cripes! What is the problem here? Someone is intimidated by signs that state legal fact?

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
    Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
    Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
    Harvester likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Moderator
    This thread is closed, becasue it really had nowhere to go but into a downward sprial toward the cess pool of politics
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Links