Bad: she dropped her gun, too...

This is a discussion on Bad: she dropped her gun, too... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; But it wasn't on purpose. Ohio CCW permit holder dropped her .22 when she went scrounging in her purse... Ooopsie! Story: http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?S...rticleID=72766...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Bad: she dropped her gun, too...

Bad: she dropped her gun, too...

But it wasn't on purpose.

Ohio CCW permit holder dropped her .22 when she went scrounging in her purse... Ooopsie!

Story: http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?S...rticleID=72766
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

Doesn't indicate whether it was holstered. Of course, it was a revolver, which would presumably have the hammer hovering over the primer just waiting for it to be dropped. Hm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

How old does the revolver have to be to not have a transfer bar?

This is wrong on so many levels. Why would anyone carry a gun in their purse and the gun not be in its own compartment and secure? This is the type of lady who gives the rest of us lady's a bad name. Those of us who do carry in our purse know better than to have it just laying in there. There are purses you can buy for this very purpose. I wouldn't have given her gun back to her. This lady is dangerous and irresponsible.
    darbo, BenGoodLuck and Spirit51 like this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Distinguished Member
    Not good and surprising she wasn't charged with anything. Actually really surprising. I'm not saying she should have been but if that had happened in my city, she'd have had issues.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Oops...one in the chamber eh?

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    This is wrong on so many levels. Why would anyone carry a gun in their purse and the gun not be in its own compartment and secure? This is the type of lady who gives the rest of us lady's a bad name. Those of us who do carry in our purse know better than to have it just laying in there. There are purses you can buy for this very purpose. I wouldn't have given her gun back to her. This lady is dangerous and irresponsible.
    We've had a spate of purse-snatchings around here so carrying in a purse probably isn't a good idea in general, at least if you're in a high-crime area like we are. If I was a woman in some parts of Durham I'd have my purse in my left hand and Glock in my right.
    mg27 likes this.

I wear my purse cross body. When I am out in the open my gun is at ready. A person is not going to run by and grab my purse and take off with it.
    Spirit51 and ep1953 like this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

VIP Member
    And why was the gun returned to her? I think she should have been charged with negligence. Maybe a fine and the possibility of jail time would smarten her up.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by lizjimbo View Post
    Oops...one in the chamber eh?
    Sounds to me like she needs to invest in a pistol that was made some time during the last half of last century. Probably a junk pistol too or carried in the wrong condition if it fired just by being dropped. So yeah, you're right as in if you own junk and/or carry a handgun around, treating it like a tube of lipstick, then you are probably going to have problems.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    This is wrong on so many levels.
    Agreed, very wrong.

I wouldn't have given her gun back to her.
    But apparently they determined that no crime was committed, so the gun was returned.

This lady is dangerous and irresponsible.
    True, but not a criminal. Stupid? Sure. But except for some mild ringing in the ears of those around her, no harm was done.

I wear my purse cross body. When I am out in the open my gun is at ready. A person is not going to run by and grab my purse and take off with it.
    You got that right, sister. I do the same. I carry my purse cross body and when out in the open I have the weapon compartment unzipped and right hand on the weapon. Ready to "rock and roll" if necessary. I know it works because I have practiced with it, as I am sure you have too. When carrying your weapon in a purse, you have to know all the ins and outs and ups and downs.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    You got that right, sister. I do the same. I carry my purse cross body and when out in the open I have the weapon compartment unzipped and right hand on the weapon. Ready to "rock and roll" if necessary. I know it works because I have practiced with it, as I am sure you have too. When carrying your weapon in a purse, you have to know all the ins and outs and ups and downs.
    You are so right. Many of us practice with our purse the same as those that wear holsters practice. This isn't a chance thing.

You are correct. There isn't a law against stupid.
    baren and highvoltage like this.

Administrator
    Possibly somebody should inform her of the fact that there are purses specifically made to safely house and isolate a firearm so that it's not sitting in there with the lipstick and the eyebrow pencils and the Chapstick and all that other STUFF.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links