Article: Guns and Alabama

This is a discussion on Article: Guns and Alabama within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pretty good, but long article on guns and Alabama: Armed in Alabama: Permits show guns increasingly prominent (videos) | al.com...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pgrass101

Thread: Article: Guns and Alabama

Article: Guns and Alabama

Pretty good, but long article on guns and Alabama: Armed in Alabama: Permits show guns increasingly prominent (videos) | al.com
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Nice article and my permit is $20 every year
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

So is mine (Elmore County).

Surprised at how many folks have permits. That's a good thing.

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Tell me about Alabama?! My wife and I are headed there next year for the next couple of years. We both have CCWs in Arkansas but have been wondering about the transfer/licensing process once we move. Not trying to 'jack the thread but this article seems like a good conversation piece to get some good info from folks already in Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparNut View Post
    Tell me about Alabama?! My wife and I are headed there next year for the next couple of years. We both have CCWs in Arkansas but have been wondering about the transfer/licensing process once we move. Not trying to 'jack the thread but this article seems like a good conversation piece to get some good info from folks already in Alabama.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/alabama.pdf

This link will answer all of your questions.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    So is mine (Elmore County).

Surprised at how many folks have permits. That's a good thing.
    I'm an Elmoran too, renewing by mail is nice
    mano3 likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Alabama recognizes reciprocation, but if you are living here (i.e. homestead), I think you will have to get an Alabama license. I'm sure, once you are no long a resident of your old state, your license there will be invalid. Limestone County Sheriff's Office licenses are $15. If you are homestead elsewhere, then Alabama probably won't issue you a license anyway. Whereever you vote; that is who you should license through.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Nice article and my permit is $20 every year
    No it isn't:

Crap Article on Alabama Carry Laws - AR15.COM

This comment sums up my feelings on this so-called article very well:

"Mr. Wendt,
    My response to the line of stories regarding "guns" will be harsh. Your open mindedness is fake. If it were real you would already know why we have a second amendment to the Constitution and exactly why the Founders didn't place restrictions on it. Moreover, if you had chosen to eliminate your ignorance with a whole understanding of ".... the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." You would be advocating the complete elminination of "gun control" laws and the advancement of the notion that every eligible adult should be armed, just as every eligible adult should vote.

I am beyond disgusted and disheartened by your liberal bent to control the freedom of individuals to suit your world view under the guise of "having a discussion". You don't want to have a discussion about the propoganda abuses of the free press under the first amendement or the States' Rights abuses of the federal government under the tenth amendment. Why is that? If you are concerned about what causes death, why don't you lay out a statistical graph detailing the top 25 causes of death in this country and begin a discussion on eliminating number 1? That is a rhetorical question because I know that type of discussion doesn't fit your world view.

The audacity you demonstrate to want to know if your neighbors have guns is an outrage. It is none of your business and it never will be your business. Just as it is not your business who I vote for or how I worship and why. The ownership and use of tools to protect life, liberty and property, from theft and destruction by individuals and governements, is a God given right, no less than the right to speak your mind in the public square. It should never be a matter of debate or of the question "why do you need it?" It is a right, that I, as a free man, am able to choose to exercise or not exercise, without restriction by you or the government. Sadly, you will never grasp what I have written because you believe you are smarter than others and therefore you know what is best for others."

And James Moses is flat-out dinosaur FUDD! He and his ilk are on their way out, it is both predictable as it is unavoidable. Good riddance.

The "former police officer" at Hoover Tactical needs to brush up on the law. He's wrong in at least 5 different areas when discussing concealed carry.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Links