Young and dumb, and full of....

This is a discussion on Young and dumb, and full of.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...Gun... ...shot... Pocket carry without a holster... 20 year old shoots his own self in the thigh with his .32. Ooops! Story here: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...-in-his-pocket...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Spirit51

Thread: Young and dumb, and full of....

Young and dumb, and full of....

...Gun...
    ...shot...

Pocket carry without a holster... 20 year old shoots his own self in the thigh with his .32.

Ooops!

Story here: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...-in-his-pocket
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

too bad it didn't hit an artery and affect some natural selection.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

there was one here where a guy was putting a .380 semi in his back pocket .... and he shot himself in the buttocks (no holster). He was the back end of a lot of jokes ......
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    when the gun accidentally fired
    The gun didn't accidentally fire. It did exactly what it was supposed to do. You pull the trigger and a bullet comes out the open end. The statement would have been more accurate with one more word - "was"

when the gun WAS accidentally fired

The guy didn't intend to fire it so he accidentally discharged it. But no holster - stupid is, as stupid does.
    Last edited by accessbob; October 17th, 2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: fix my own typo
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Geeze, if they'd only start making guns that don't fire when the trigger is pulled...
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    From article,

Godsey initially told deputies he was "manipulating a .32-caliber pistol in the pocket of his shorts when the gun accidentally fired," deputies said.

Translation:

Booger hook "manipulated" trigger.
    "nuffsaid

What a knucklehead.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    too bad it didn't hit an artery and affect some natural selection.
    Little harsh isn't it?

It was a stupid move and a well earned lesson, but to wish a fatal wound on him is (excuse the pun) Over Kill.

I am sure many of us have learned lessons from inexperienced actions in our youth. I would have to see anyone die for it.

Lighten up.
    mkh, Poseidon, Hopyard and 1 others like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Links