Columbus Burglar Killed by Teen

This is a discussion on Columbus Burglar Killed by Teen within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Columbus teen shoots, kills burglar. Multiple hits to the chest. Police ID man who was shot, died during East Side break-in | The Columbus Dispatch...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Columbus Burglar Killed by Teen

VIP Member

Columbus teen shoots, kills burglar. Multiple hits to the chest.
    Police ID man who was shot, died during East Side break-in | The Columbus Dispatch
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Results of the investigation will be forwarded to the Franklin County prosecutor’s office, which probably will present the case to a grand jury for a decision on whether to file charges.
    All sounded good, until that part .......
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    All sounded good, until that part .......
    I agree but that's pretty much our process. As difficult as it would be, one has to believe it will work (a little praying couldn't hurt either).
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I agree but that's pretty much our process. As difficult as it would be, one has to believe it will work (a little praying couldn't hurt either).
    Yup, grand jury no bills him, which helps protect him from lawsuits.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Seems silly to take this to a grand jury
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yup, grand jury no bills him, which helps protect him from lawsuits.
    Ah I guess I should have read first.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

And another scum bites the dust!

(My apologies to Queen for ripping off the lyric)
    Poseidon likes this.

Columbus Citizen presents Copper Clad Retirement Medal during an Early Criminal Career Retirement Presentation held in private ceremony at 2:30 in the afternoon on the second floor of the East Side Building. A Public Ceremony to be help with Family in attendance at a Public Service three days later. All are welcome to attend this send off and join in with the Well Wishers.
    A Granite Plaque will be erected to commemorate this Event!
    This retirement prepresents a great financial saving to the Citizens of Columbus Ohio!
    minimalbrat and RETSUPT99 like this.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

In some states the the prosecutor is required to refer all homicides to the grand jury. The prosecutor can refer the case to the grand jury with or without charges. In OK the prosecutor is not required to send self defense homicides to the grand jury. In TX all self defense homicides go to the grand jury.

Last night, county Coroner Jan Gorniak confirmed that Savage died from being shot and not the fall. She said he had been shot more than once in his chest.

Sgt. Steven Little, of the Police Division’s homicide squad, said it appeared that Griffin might have fired the handgun more than once.

Records show that Savage lived in Cleveland. He was released in December after more than a year in prison on drug-trafficking and drug-possession convictions. He also spent five months in prison in 2008 for possessing drugs and smuggling them into a detention facility.
    Mr. Savage will not be going to prison for any more offenses. He'll be food for the worms.

Assuming the article's info is true ...

Sounds like he had every right to stop the intrusion. No remorse or ill effects, hopefully.

Whatever else is true: Savage is "savage" no more.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

In my experience, a grand jury is used by prosecutors, even when not when required, to take the decision out of the prosecutor's hands (may be good if it becomes political fodder) and add a layer of public trust.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    What Would Gumby Do?

But, Mayor Coleman doesn't think citizens need guns to defend themselves in his pristine city...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    But, Mayor Coleman doesn't think citizens need guns to defend themselves in his pristine city...
    Preemption was enacted with that guy in mind.
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Mess around mess around, soon you won't be around.

Anyone come around my house, and break in and my kids will do the same thing.
    They will not allow some knuckledragger to have his way with whoever whatever however.

." "Life is an excellent teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students”

"Life's tough, its even tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

If the facts are as stated.... then it sounds like a good shoot. He climbed into a second story window of an occupied home. There's NO mistaking his intent.......

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    The Honorable Mayor Coloman sounds like a doofus. Guess he's never worried about having to defend his family and home from someone breaking into his second story window. Those idiots do not impress me.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links