Shootin' gallery on I-96

This is a discussion on Shootin' gallery on I-96 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Appears to be random and similar to the DC shootings. Task force formed to find shooter in highway gunfire | The Detroit News...

Thread: Shootin' gallery on I-96

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Shootin' gallery on I-96

Appears to be random and similar to the DC shootings.

Task force formed to find shooter in highway gunfire | The Detroit News
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

one more reason to not go to detroit.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Another excuse to consider a renewal of the AWB... GREAT, JUST GREAT.

There's something in the water... The world's going nuts.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Unless the person is doing his deeds out in the wilds alone, and unless he's taking out every victim, then he's going to get seen and ultimately caught. No doubt about it. The fact he's doing it in traffic suggests it won't be long.

Hopefully enough "near" witnesses can divulge sufficient details to narrow the field. It would be classic, if the perp happens to own a "dark Mustang with stripes" and continues to drive the thing. Can't be too many of those around.

Tough situation, getting fired upon while out and about from an unknown direction. Hard to gain cover if the source of fire is unknown.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Unfortunately at this time they really don't even have a good description of the vehicle. Listening to the news yesterday on the drive home from work they described the car as a Chevy Caviler or Ford Mustang. Those are two very different cars. They also think a semi-auto rifle is being used as opposed to a handgun. This will be interesting to follow and I am gald I don't travel along that highway or have any need to in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Another excuse to consider a renewal of the AWB... GREAT, JUST GREAT.

There's something in the water... The world's going nuts.
    Well since it appears that the guy is using a handgun I don't know where you're getting the AWB debate in there.
    This guy ain't a "Sniper" that's a catchy term the media throws around to sell papers,he's just another Idiot that is taking out his aggression on innocent people,the fact that he isn't very "stealthy" will get him caught pretty quick
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The sheriff made sure to say the shooter was not a sniper because the term sniper implies shooting skill - that made me chuckle at first, but then wondered if that is going to make him say "oh yeah, watch this..."

The vehicle has been a Cavalier, a mustang, a dark colored sedan, a dark colored sports car, a mustang with stripes, and a "dark car with a stripe on the side" - so I'm not sure what exactly to keep an eye out for! Suspect was described in one report as a "clean shaven white male in his 30s" - which is pretty vague as well.

This is happening practically right in my back yard, so I'm a bit concerned. Maybe I can get a roof mounted machine gun to return fire? ;)

This is a little too close for comfort, I do hope they catch him soon. I'll be interested to find out who/what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Well since it appears that the guy is using a handgun I don't know where you're getting the AWB debate in there.
    This guy ain't a "Sniper" that's a catchy term the media throws around to sell papers,he's just another Idiot that is taking out his aggression on innocent people,the fact that he isn't very "stealthy" will get him caught pretty quick
    Long guns of any type were used in .04% of violent crime prior to the last AWB.

Antis will use any and all mass shootings, "successful" (to mean deadly or injurious), or not; to resurrect the AWB.

It's a perception/feel good thing. Has little to do with facts, types of weapons used, or any other logical reasoning.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

25 reported shootings and $102,000 in reward money, and counting.

FBI, ATF boost Michigan roadway shootings reward to $102,000 | news - Home
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Sure hope they catch this guy soon..
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

That article certinally dosn't give much info. If it IS him I hope he's put away for many, many moons.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

NRA Life

Links