Bad, Bad, Bad---family attacked in Calif.

This is a discussion on Bad, Bad, Bad---family attacked in Calif. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Father, 4-year-old shot dead in California after gunman sets fire to home | Fox News Dad died trying to shield his kids...........

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Bad, Bad, Bad---family attacked in Calif.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    Even in the lost state of California, arson is considered justifiable homicide.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

There is a special place in hell for anyone who hurts children. So sad to hear this.

Just read this and definately prayers to the mother and childern that were able to survive. What bothered me was the comments and the anti's. Right back to if we only outlawed guns this wouldn't have happened. I know it's Cali and sort of expected some of it. Unfortunately we don't know the specifics to understand the whole story and if it would have been possible to defend themselves. Only hope at this point is the attacker points a weapon at the LEO when they find him and they save the state a trail and the cost to put this guy away for life.

Sick and pathetic. That's about 60 miles from me...idk what to say other than if it were my house they wouldn't be searching for a suspect they would have found him dead in the house from a hail of gunfire and my kids would not be harmed. I'm sure it surprised them and there aren't many details but of the neighbors knew he was weird he should have been on their radar always.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Scramble4a5 View Post
    There is a special place in hell for anyone who hurts children. So sad to hear this.
    I know of a special place for people like that, and I can guarentee that it will make hell look like a resort.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I can pray for the souls of the father and the dead child, and that the mother and the surviving children fight through this. As for this Desmond John Moses whose suspected of pulling the trigger...... I can only hope he's already taken care of himself by now.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

This is a special circumstance case,after conviction tie him to a post,liberally douse with gas and flick lit matches at him until you hear a whoooof
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I know of a special place for people like that, and I can guarentee that it will make hell look like a resort.
    Turn them over to a ROK Army interrogation team. Those guys could get a rock to confess to anything.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Words fail me.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Just horrible...

I'd have a hard time calling the Police if that were me and my house!

I think my shovel would get a workout though!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Man found dead at scene of California shooting wore armor

Too bad he didn't start with the bullet to the head.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

I saw this news story before work this morning and it's haunted me all day. Prayers to the family - the father who died shielding his children, the mother who despite getting shot in both legs carried her 4 yr old out to the street - he later died, the children injured - my heart just breaks.

I may have misunderstood the story, but the way I'd read it was he and the family he shot both lived on the same property but in different homes. My understanding was he set fire to and was found in his own bungalow. He did the shooting in the other family's home - upset that he was being evicted but they weren't even the landlords. It's just a horrible story all around. I agree with socal, too bad he didn't just take himself out...

Links