Bad. Woman attacked and burned. - Page 2

Bad. Woman attacked and burned.

This is a discussion on Bad. Woman attacked and burned. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You know... I understand the cruel and unusual punishment thing... But when a crime of this type occurs, I often wish we could suspend that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Bad. Woman attacked and burned.

You know... I understand the cruel and unusual punishment thing... But when a crime of this type occurs, I often wish we could suspend that sensible rule and exact death by the same means the animal-thugs used...

People dragged behind pickup trucks...
    people burned...

Now, the mentally ill can perpetrate some horrific crimes.... and we probably shouln't treat them in the manner they treated their victims...

but some crimes are committed with obvious hate and no remorse... with full understanding by the criminal of what he was doing... those crimes maybe should be prosecuted differently.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The local news just reported that the story of her being attacked was made up. Her wounds were self inflected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbloodhound View Post
    The local news just reported that the story of her being attacked was made up. Her wounds were self inflected.
    Sad, I hope the fraud was caught before any innocents were harmed such as happened in the Tawana Brawley case.

Michael

I would post the link but I'm on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbloodhound View Post
    WOW. I suspected something was amiss when the media (which is usually foaming at the mouth to cover race-based hate crimes) didn't seem very interested in covering this.
    WINNSBORO, LA (KSLA) -

Authorities say the woman who told police she had been attacked and set on fire in a Winnsboro city park made it all up.

20-year-old Sharmeka Moffitt remains in critical condition in the Regional Burn Center at LSU Medical Center in Shreveport, where she is believed to have undergone surgery Tuesday.

Winnsboro Police Chief Lester Thomas said Tuesday afternoon that authorities linked Moffitt's fingerprints to a lighter and a bottle of lighter fluid found at the scene.

"The investigation (of) Ms Moffitt has revealed that this was not an attack but a self-inflicted incident that happened to her," said Chief Thomas.

When Chief Thomas was asked about a motive, he said that remains unknown.
    Read more at:
    Authorities: Winnsboro burn victim's fingerprints linked to ligh - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Authorities: Winnsboro burn victim fabricated story - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

*sigh*

Yeah, I just read the same thing....... she's the problem. Hope her lies didn't jack around tooo many 'suspects' out there.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Hope she gets some help.
    goldshellback likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Hope she gets some help.
    My mothers friends who live there are saying she wrote the 'KKK" on her car with toothpaste before she burned herself......
    That is a woman who is in need of some help...... This is something beyond just drama and attention seeking behavior.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Fake....... she wasn't attacked, she did it herself.

Sharmeka Moffitt, Lousiana woman, may have faked hate crime
    Police say Louisiana woman set herself ablaze

Sharmeka Moffitt made up a story about being attacked and set on fire, according to a spokesman for Louisiana's Franklin Parish sheriff's office. Spokesman Kevin Cobb told reporters this afternoon that it looks like the 20-year-old woman set herself ablaze on Sunday night. She remains in critical condition at a hospital in Shreveport, La. Police say evidence they've uncovered indicates Moffitt wrote "KKK" and a racial slur on her car. She had said she was attacked by three men wearing white hoodies. Police understandably say Moffitt and her family still deserve prayers.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

This was about to split the town. I'm glad they got to the bottom of it as quick as they did.

Re: Bad. Woman attacked and burned.

A
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    So if I break into a 7-11 to steal food to feed my baby that's a hate crime? The purpose of the hate crime designation is to severely punish and preferably prevent crime committed for no other reason than the victim's race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
    I'm talking about crimes of a violent nature.. assault. But I see your point.. however my point was toward crimes of a violent nature, as I said... theft is a different crime. Yes it can be motivated by many things.

The title of hate crime was intended for instances that you mention.. but its become a lazy mans way of getting the investigation over with. They don't have to look any further.. or investigate..

A black man was hit by a white man..hate crime... whatever reason..it doesn't matter...

A person hits a person... they sure didn't do it because they liked the guy... right??

Apparently this woman didn't like herself either..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links