Bad. Woman attacked and burned.

This is a discussion on Bad. Woman attacked and burned. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last night in Winnsboro Louisiana a black lady was attacked and burned at the local park walking trail. This was around 8PM. She is in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Bad. Woman attacked and burned.

Bad. Woman attacked and burned.

Last night in Winnsboro Louisiana a black lady was attacked and burned at the local park walking trail. This was around 8PM. She is in critical condition. She had burns on over 90% of her body.

This happened within 500 yards of my kids school. It is a nice area.

This makes me sick.

2. Remove Ads

Holy... that's ugly. Any links?

Amazing what one person is capable of doing to another.

Looks like it's being investigated as a hate crime... Winnsboro, Louisiana, attack, burn, police - KNOE 8 News; KNOE-TV; KNOE.com |
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

I don't understand people. Wasn't it just last year that two children set fire to another child. Notice I did not say what races the kids were. Doesn't really make any difference. Heck it wasn't reported much at all.

I don't understand the depth of hate a person can have to do this to another person.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbloodhound View Post
    It is a nice area.
    Not any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbloodhound View Post
    This makes me sick.
    You and me both.

This is terrible... but on the subject of hate crimes... IMHO we will never achieve true equality until start realizing that all crimes are hate crimes...

We're all human beings. When people get time or severity added to their sentence for race against race violence.. its just instilling that we are different..IMHO you should be punished for the crime, race shouldn't matter... but there are obviously arguments against that....

But I feel for this poor lady... her life will never be the same...its a real shame...
    blitzburgh and msgt/ret like this.

Administrator
    When a person is burned over such a large percentage of the body that is an ordeal that requires a human to become super human. I can't imagine any recovery scenario more grueling or painful than having every nerve ending screaming excruciating pain to the brain.
    Thank heaven for morphine because that is about the only way anybody could stand it.
    Then the skin grafts and the endless reconstructive surgeries.
    Who could intentionally inflict that on another human?

There truly are soulless sub humans walking among us.
    Sig 210, Remy, RichB70 and 3 others like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I don't care if it's black on white/white on black/Asian against hispanic/Black on black/white on white or any other combination,You set somebody on fire and that takes the meaning Sick SOB to a new level.There are certain crimes that deserve the Death Penalty and Death by Fire would be one,If they survive, Mandatory life in Prison.
    This lady may still die,there is a high risk for infection,and if she lives after going thru the painful Medical Process not to mention the Exhorbitant cost of her Care she will never be the same.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    This is terrible... but on the subject of hate crimes... IMHO we will never achieve true equality until start realizing that all crimes are hate crimes...

We're all human beings. When people get time or severity added to their sentence for race against race violence.. its just instilling that we are different..IMHO you should be punished for the crime, race shouldn't matter... but there are obviously arguments against that....

But I feel for this poor lady... her life will never be the same...its a real shame...
    Its not that simple even though we would like to believe it is. It would make trying to find out why something happened so much easier. We could just slap the hate crime label on it and we are done. The horrible truth is that there are those among us who kill and maim without reason or emotion. Who feel absolutely nothing one way or the other about the person or animal they inflict their pain on. These people are true psychopaths and are far more dangerous than a person who kills for a reason be it hate or other emotions.

Calling everything a hate crime is just an easy way out for those demanding an immediate answer when in fact there might not be one.

Michael

Winnsboro isn't far from our deer camp. I always saw it as a quiet, fairly peaceful area. It has it's crime and local 'drama' like everywhere else, but this is on a new level.... and a very low one at that. That woman will never be the same, if she lives through this at all. Prayer for her and her family is all I can offer her. I do hope she recovers as best she can.

I have extreemly strong feelings towards this kind of violence, and these rabid, hateful animals amongst us need to be put down....
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The concept of "hate crimes" tends to escape me. As if it's okay to torch someone you like? Violence is violence--the reason behind it is irrelevant.

I hope she pulls through. No one deserves something like that.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I don't understand the depth of hate a person can have to do this to another person.
    It's not as much about "HATE" as it is "DEPRAVE INDIFFERENCE" to the amount of pain and suffering they are inflicting. Anyone capable of this has no soul or conscience. They know exactly what they are doing and just don't care.
    Last edited by OD*; October 24th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by 94lt1 View Post
    So if I break into a 7-11 to steal food to feed my baby that's a hate crime? The purpose of the hate crime designation is to severely punish and preferably prevent crime committed for no other reason than the victim's race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.

I don't know how anyone can set another person on fire. I don't care what color a person is. This is a sick crime. I don't look at it as a hate crime. I look at it as a crime against humanity. The ones that did this needs to be put down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links