Good: Attempted robery of pharmacy stopped.

This is a discussion on Good: Attempted robery of pharmacy stopped. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guys/Gals, He did not have much of a gun but it apparently was enough. This hits close to home and show one reason why I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By p230

Thread: Good: Attempted robery of pharmacy stopped.

Guys/Gals,

He did not have much of a gun but it apparently was enough. This hits close to home and show one reason why I left retail pharmacy. Don't be too hard on him he did succesfully defend himself.

FOX4 Mobile: Masked robber attacked pharmacist with tire iron

Enjoy

Wow man, people are getting crazy with the drugs especially pain meds, I hear this all the time anymore.. I would'nt be comfortable with a .22 but its better than nothing and it worked.. Glad the pharmacist is ok dispite his wounds. Hope robber gets what he has coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    Wow man, people are getting crazy with the drugs especially pain meds, I hear this all the time anymore.. I would'nt be comfortable with a .22 but its better than nothing and it worked.. Glad the pharmacist is ok dispite his wounds. Hope robber gets what he has coming to him.
    I just talked to a pharmacist that knows him and he said that was not his primary firearm, just the one he got too first. Glad he is OK.
    mg27 and goldshellback like this.

Yeah in that case you go for the first thing available, .22 can do some damage In fact that was my first firearm I carried at 21 lol but I quickly learned that it might be better to move up but I still like to shoot 22s... Sorry getting off topic, but looks like he is a lucky man. THe pharmacy in my area has bullet proof glass and a door that you cant get in without a code.

Sending to my wife, who is a pharmacy resident at a local hospital.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The reason I started carrying a gun to work, and wanted (finally got) out of retail Pharmacy. I was robbed at gunpoint (at my head 90% of the time) in the late 1970's, mainly for "pain meds"-Yes, even back then. I still have dreams about it sometimes. The perps were never caught. I have carried since that day whenever possible.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill
    SLAINTE VAR!!

I'm concerned that this is only going to get worse as the economy sinks into the abyss. There are many stats to be found on this but it is generally agreed that a large percentage of people are addicted to pharmaceuticals.
    What will people do when they can't buy their legal drugs?

"The US now consumes 80% of the world's opioid pain medications and 99% of the world's hydrocodone (semi-synthetic opioid). The milligram per person use of prescription opioids in the United States increased from 74mg to 369mg, an increase of 402%, between 1997 and 2007. Prescription medication abuse is now only second to marijuana in terms of frequency."

Just sayn...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Only reinforces the "any caliber is better than none." But it is nicer to drop characters like that on the spot rather that deal with them later.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Wonder why he wasn't carrying on body? Can't help but think he would have received less injuries, but glad he survived!

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

The pharmacist may have been able to avoid the beating if he initially complied with the BG's request for pills.

He did OK aside from absorbing too many blows from a knuckleheads tire iron. Hope he carrys on his person from now on. Hard lesson learned.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Yep, a .22 on the hip is worth two in the desk.

Links