Good: 64 year old woman shoots home invader

This is a discussion on Good: 64 year old woman shoots home invader within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; sarcasm on/ After undergoing months of training at Siteshot, Ninja FOF, Quantico Shooting Sports, Krazy Krav, And 16 other self defense schools, this 64 year ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By tacman605

Thread: Good: 64 year old woman shoots home invader

Good: 64 year old woman shoots home invader

sarcasm on/ After undergoing months of training at Siteshot, Ninja FOF, Quantico Shooting Sports, Krazy Krav, And 16 other self defense schools, this 64 year old grandmother was ready, willing, and able to stop any perps entering her home... (NOT) /sarcasm

A paroled repeat offender, convicted felon, and registered sex offender, picked the wrong victim.

A 64 YO woman heard glass breaking in her home... got a handgun and tired to exit the back door... the perp chased her out the back door. and continued to chase her out of the house... she yelled for help... to no immediate avail... so, she turned and shot him... no Mozambique Drill... no double tap... no headshot... just one in the chest.

The perp left a blood trail so that LEO could find him easily... he was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Where he awaits arrest once he is released.

Story here
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Atta Girl!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

After undergoing months of training at Siteshot, Ninja FOF, Quantico Shooting Sports, Krazy Krav, And 16 other self defense schools, this 64 year old grandmother was ready, willing, and able to stop any perps entering her home... (NOT)
    So you must have Ninja reading skills,cause that wasn't in the story.In fact the story doesn't mention what her shooting skill level was,or at what range the shot was fired.What it does say is that she tried to flee her home instead of shooting somebody,but when left with no other choice she pulled the trigger
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    So you must have Ninja reading skills,cause that wasn't in the story.In fact the story doesn't mention what her shooting skill level was,or at what range the shot was fired.What it does say is that she tried to flee her home instead of shooting somebody,but when left with no other choice she pulled the trigger
    what do you suppose I meant by "sarcasm on/... (NOT) /sarcasm," hmmmmm?

My point was that whatever level of training she had (and my guess would be very little, if any) she was able to attempt to avoid the situation. And when called upon to do so, in the gravest extreme, she was able to defend herself... BG didn't take her gun away from her... didn't use her own gun on her... And in fact, when he continued to pursue her, she was able to turn on him and fire, stopping the threat.

She did perfectly well in her situation without extensive training, constant and consistent practice, and hours of training on the warrior mindset, proper OODA Looping, color coded escalation modality, force continuum structure and results 101, or anything else...

BG enters home... she grabs gun, and tires to leave.... he follows.... she turns and stops the threat... all without all the extensive training some folks deem necessary for the safe completion of a deadly FOF scenario.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think the key thing to key in on there is his use of SARCASM ON and then SARCASM OFF. In other words - without all of that training, she managed to defend herself (and you probably worked that out as well). Yes, no mention of whether she had trained or not. But likely she hadn't. But no problem with ruling it a good shoot when you try to escape and can't so you have to shoot. I'm not saying that it wouldn't have been a good shoot if she hadn't run out of the house and had done it there. But it sure leaves no doubt, especially with witnesses who saw and heard it.

Glad it worked out well.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Well I was slow on that reply. LOL
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Good for her, even being a ninja she still tried to avoid the situation . Grannies are so polite!
    oakchas likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Armed herself AND retreated her residence...... BG followed her anyway. Well, he got what he went there for.

Bravo Zulu Darlin'!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Sarcasm on, She may have been retired from the military, a former cop or corrections officer or owned and shot handguns all her life the article does not say. Sarcasm off

Good for here and yes folks defend themselves everyday without training the man upstairs looks after folks.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Well I was slow on that reply. LOL
    s'okay.... need alla help I can get... I'm in a "mood" today anyway... don't like pain meds but I'm on 'em so I can type while recovering from this shoulder scoping.
    It could be worse.
    John Adams

/\ Awesome! I will be checking back a lot!!!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Links