GOOD and BAD: Cop fatally shoots pregnant woman 'as she tries running him over...'

GOOD and BAD: Cop fatally shoots pregnant woman 'as she tries running him over...'

This is a discussion on GOOD and BAD: Cop fatally shoots pregnant woman 'as she tries running him over...' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lacey Denise Lamb: Officer fatally shoots pregnant woman 'as she tries running him over with her car' | Mail Online Good - the officer was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: GOOD and BAD: Cop fatally shoots pregnant woman 'as she tries running him over...'

Lacey Denise Lamb: Officer fatally shoots pregnant woman 'as she tries running him over with her car' | Mail Online

Good - the officer was able to stop a deadly attack against him.

Bad - that an innocent fetus also had to die.
    GeorgiaDawg and CLASS3NH like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I guess her primary concern was not the baby.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

WOW, I guess those bumbs will live with that the rest of their lives.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Sounds like a good shoot. Not sure what the deceased being pregnant had to do with anything.
    Michael
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Sounds like a good shoot. Not sure what the deceased being pregnant had to do with anything.
    Michael
    Some believe that the unborn child was a live person and was killed due to the mother's irresponsible/criminal behavior.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

If as reported ...

If'n you don't want to be stopped in the attempt, then don't attempt to kill another.
    accessbob and Brad426 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Some believe that the unborn child was a live person and was killed due to the mother's irresponsible/criminal behavior.
    True but I do not see how this fact would or should influence the facts in the case. Put it in the story along with other facts yes, but putting it into the title of the story seems to me like they are trying to influence the readers opinion as to whether or not the officer should have shot her.

Its a way to bring emotions into play. I see stories all the time that start out with "mother of three" gunned down, hit by drunk driver or whatever. I can't recall ever seeing similar headlines when a father of three is involved. It is an attempt to replace rational thinking with emotional feelings.

Michael
    ccw9mm and BenGoodLuck like this.

VIP Member
    It's tragic for the baby but lets face it, with those 2 for parents the poor little thing didn't have a chance anyway.

I could tell you some hair raising stories about drug abuse and pregnancy from my job. The article doesn't say if drugs were involved or not but given that they both have several priors, I bet there were.

Glad the police officer wasn't hurt.
    BenGoodLuck and _Hawkeye_ like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    @mlr1m
    Yes and no. It's obviously an attempt to personalize the victim, but at the same time, for those who believe the unborn child was a live person, they represent another "victim" of the incident. To those, the headline could have read "Cop fatally shoots mother and daughter/son as mother tries running him over with her car".

Cop did the right thing. Mom got what was coming to her. The child was the innocent victim in my opinion.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

natural selection hard at work. the earth is over populated anyways.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

The officer didn't create this situation the PREGNANT WOMAN did. He did exactly was he was trained to do!!!! The officer is the victim also. The media loves to give their stories these dramatic headlines just to make it sound interesting. But when the day is over he did his job and God had his hands all around him protecting him at that moment and even right now. God is good all the time. And we all must remember that our God is bigger than anything we will ever have to go through! I am so glad to hear all the supportive comments on this site!!!
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

True but I do not see how this fact would or should influence the facts in the case. Put it in the story along with other facts yes, but putting it into the title of the story seems to me like they are trying to influence the readers opinion as to whether or not the officer should have shot her.

Its a way to bring emotions into play. I see stories all the time that start out with "mother of three" gunned down, hit by drunk driver or whatever. I can't recall ever seeing similar headlines when a father of three is involved. It is an attempt to replace rational thinking with emotional feelings.

Michael
    It was simply mentioned in the rest of the story with other facts. It's put into the title to grab readers' attention. Simple tactic to get views.

Good shoot in my opinion. Just like Jeanlouise said, sad as it is, it's probably best that the child didn't get to live and be raised by those two.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Michael
    I agree on both counts. Often, the headline is created to 'sell' the story and also to promote an agenda. In this case, it seems that the headline writer wants our first reaction to be "Omigod, how could an evil cop kill a pregnant woman!?!"
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I hope there is a dashcam of the incident

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    Lacey Denise Lamb: Officer fatally shoots pregnant woman 'as she tries running him over with her car' | Mail Online

Good - the officer was able to stop a deadly attack against him.

Bad - that an innocent fetus also had to die.
    ^^^^^^^^
    What he said above.
    Too bad another innocent child died in the sensless attack caused by it's Mother and her road rage.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links