Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals - Page 11

Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals

This is a discussion on Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'd imagine that the two that were shot were huddled around the wheel well so it's not as if they fired into the cab. They ...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals

I'd imagine that the two that were shot were huddled around the wheel well so it's not as if they fired into the cab. They fired at a spot on the vehicle that should have been clear of people. They were just in a really stupid and dangerous spot, especially during a high speed chase. I'm not saying that shooting from a helicopter was the brightest idea but there was likely a reasonable doubt that people were back there. Who crams that many people in the back of a truck while doing something legal? Not condoning the shooting but you can't control what other people are going to do when you put yourself in a stupid situation.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Do you know for sure if the vehicle would have been a threat? Do you know if they could have used other means to stop the vehicle? Those are the points I have been talking about. Nobody is saying handcuff LE.
    But if they know this is a route for drug dealers, and they have had people run from them before..don't ya think that they would have a better plan than shooting from a helicopter? This is not a spur of the moment thing in an area that is not know for BG's fleeing. Don't ya just think that someone would have sat down and triied to come up with a different plan in case there are innocent people in the vehicle.
    I have already said that other methods could have caused the same loss of life. But I know for a fact that shooting from a helo to a moving object is not that accurate
    The vehicle was already being a threat to innocent people - the LEO's chasing them. As for other plans, I imagine using a helicopter is the most efficient use of the people available to cover wide areas and respond in a timely manner to multiple ground units. I also think it would be a logistical nightmare to put boots on the ground to cover every possible route. Those guys doing hog eradication in TX do an amazing job dropping those hogs quickly and cleanly.

WHY!! WHY!!.......are some of you posters and you know who you are, are so for giving justice to those who constantly violate us, our land, our lives ... didnt you guys learn anything from 9/11/2002 ????? Was that not a wake up call to you ? It deffinatly woke up the sleeping giant.... Did it not anger you? Are your hearts even beating, or breathing, are you's even human???..just go back to sleep the united states of america will stay awake from know on ,we the people of the united states of america shall stand up and" FIGHT" anyone one who tries to violate our country, our laws, our rights as a citizen,and who tries to harm us.these colors will never run, we will do whatever it takes to stop our foriegn enemies from bringing anymore harm to us by all means..... 9/11 changed me, if it didnt change you than your not breathing...these leo's did what they did for us. They stopped this situation before getting to a congested populated area.... God bless them and our US soldiers!!....only a foriegn enemy would disagree with my statment here.... God bless america..... Eddie.
    CIBMike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miamieddie View Post
    WHY!! WHY!!.......are some of you posters and you know who you are, are so for giving justice to those who constantly violate us, our land, our lives ... didnt you guys learn anything from 9/11/2002 ????? Was that not a wake up call to you ? It deffinatly woke up the sleeping giant.... Did it not anger you? Are your hearts even beating, or breathing, are you's even human???..just go back to sleep the united states of america will stay awake from know on ,we the people of the united states of america shall stand up and" FIGHT" anyone one who tries to violate our country, our laws, our rights as a citizen,and who tries to harm us.these colors will never run, we will do whatever it takes to stop our foriegn enemies from bringing anymore harm to us by all means..... 9/11 changed me, if it didnt change you than your not breathing...these leo's did what they did for us. They stopped this situation before getting to a congested populated area.... God bless them and our US soldiers!!....only a foriegn enemy would disagree with my statment here.... God bless america..... Eddie.
    Switch to decaf BTW:It was 9/11/2001.....so let us start off with some correct information. This thread is about what force LE should and can use in a situation. There are disagreements on this for sure. It is obvious SFury and other disagree with me and others. But we don't go around accusing people of being a foriegn enemy. Your post is extremely insulting to folks who have served this country and have been wounded defending this country before 9/11 and after 9/11. Another thing. You might have noticed that through disagreements, myself and others respond to each others post. Whether it is through a respect for each other or to sway an opinion I do not know.

I highly suggest that you know the backgrounds of the people and who they have served with and what they have done for this country before you suggest that "only a foriegn enemy would disagree with my statment here". Sonny boy, I have no clue who you are or how old but you best get a group on some of your accusations and tone in your rant.

You have turned this into a thread about protecting our borders. That is not the question. This could have happened in Iowa and it would be the same topic. Proper use of police force. You have got wrapped up around the fact that illegal immigrants were in the vehicle.

Good day.
    Hopyard and nedrgr21 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    End results matter as well. You don't get a free pass for good intentions.
    People get a "pass" all the time. Immunity is often granted to LEOs and soldiers when they are doing their job.

The end result was the vehicle got stopped. That was the goal, and it was achieved efficiently with the loss of no innocent lives. That is what matters.

Like I said, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Sometimes people die while breaking the law. Sad, tragic. Maybe. In the end, they chose the path that led them to where they ended up in harms way. Just because we have the ability to think and choose our actions, does not mean that people will do what is right. When they make poor choices then the odds have to be in their favor to survive. For two people, their luck ran out. They trusted the wrong human smugglers to get them into the US illegally.

Suntzu,
    I don't know how familiar you are with the area involved and I admit I am not intimately familiar with the area. There are properties in south Texas that are quite large. King ranch is bigger than the state of Rhode Island. Once you get out of town down there the closest guy with stop sticks could be over an hour away. It is not like back east where on a Friday night we might have two hundred officers on duty in the county.
    Last edited by mcp1810; November 10th, 2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: typo
    HotGuns likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Suntzu,
    I don't know how familiar you are with the area involved and I admit I am not intimately familiar with the area. There are properties in south Texas that are quite large. King ranch is bigger than the state of Rhode Island. Once you get out of town down there the closest guy with stop sticks could be over an hour away. It is not like back east where on a Friday night we might have two hundred officers on duty in the county.
    That is part of my point. It is not a congested area. They had a helo so the BG could not evade them. Look, I am questioning if it is the smartest policy when you factor in the possibly of innocents being in the vehicle in a given situation.

And yes, I am familiar with that are and other areas in remote regions.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

There are a lot of factors we have to consider. I think that since they were in an isolated area that is the perfect situation to employ gunfire to disable the vehicle.
    We don't know the fuel or mechanical status of the helicopter. Just because there was one there does not mean they can't get away. I have had Maryland State Police helicopters that had to bail on me because of low fuel. I had a Fairfax County Virginia helicopter that had a transmission warning light come on in the middle of a pursuit. Stuff happens.

The way I see it if you have the tools on hand and the opportunity presents itself you take it. As far as the possibility of innocents, if you let that possibility alone determine the use of force, force would only be used on motorcycles with single riders. Unless you have reason to believe that there are people in the vehicle who are not willing participants (which they did not have in this case) there is no reason not to use what force is necessary to end the chase as quickly as possible.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    There are a lot of factors we have to consider. I think that since they were in an isolated area that is the perfect situation to employ gunfire to disable the vehicle.
    We don't know the fuel or mechanical status of the helicopter. Just because there was one there does not mean they can't get away. I have had Maryland State Police helicopters that had to bail on me because of low fuel. I had a Fairfax County Virginia helicopter that had a transmission warning light come on in the middle of a pursuit. Stuff happens.

The way I see it if you have the tools on hand and the opportunity presents itself you take it. As far as the possibility of innocents, if you let that possibility alone determine the use of force, force would only be used on motorcycles with single riders. Unless you have reason to believe that there are people in the vehicle who are not willing participants (which they did not have in this case) there is no reason not to use what force is necessary to end the chase as quickly as possible.
    We will just have to disagree. I know of all the pro;s and cons. I know about the logiistics in tracking and following BG's in other countries. I am just questioning policy that is all. We all know that this thread would be different if there was a kidnapped child in the vehicle. Folks are agreeing with the policy because it ended up being illegals.
    And I get the fact that he LEO's did not know that. Just a point of view. (which mine of course is correct) j/k

Anyway, I got a brand new compound miter saw today (Dewault 780) so I can start on alll of the projects my wife wants done in our new house. She wants plantation shutters in every window and I am not paying some yahoo 500 bucks per window. I did my first one last week with my old saw and it cost 160 bucks total for a 6' x 4' window. So I might not be posting as much this week.
    photo.JPG

Good shooting!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Links