Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals - Page 2

Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals

This is a discussion on Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I live not far from where this happened. My understanding is the local LEOs are not entirely happy with this situation. It was DPS who ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals

Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals

I live not far from where this happened. My understanding is the local LEOs are not entirely happy with this situation. It was DPS who fired from their helo. It truly is a shame that people died here.

I think one of the biggest problems with these chases is that the ones running are increasingly using caltrops against those following. It is almost impossible to find all of the caltrops thrown out during a chase and they pose quite the danger the innocent drivers later on.

It is just a mess all around with desperate smugglers vs increasingly militarized police forces.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJojoJr View Post
    I live not far from where this happened. My understanding is the local LEOs are not entirely happy with this situation.
    Care to elaborate?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I understand the feelings of those who say that the illegals brought it on themselves. However there are rules in place for when deadly force can be used. Were the officers lives in danger? Were the lives of innocent people in danger? Did the police follow their own rules about using deadly force? Do we want police to break the rules and if so why even have them.

Would the opinions of those who are in favor of the police actions taken in this case feel the same way if instead of illegals it was a pickup full of American school kids out on a bender after their high school prom? If not then lets change the rules on using deadly force.

Michael
    Hopyard, suntzu, JayTee and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    However there are rules in place for when deadly force can be used. Were the officers lives in danger? Were the lives of innocent people in danger? Did the police follow their own rules about using deadly force? Do we want police to break the rules and if so why even have them.
    Hard to know what actually occurred, but the claim is that deadly force wasn't used, rather that an attempt was made to shoot out the tires. On a back road with a vehicle traveling at "reckless" speeds and evading pursuit, I wouldn't think that method would be much different than laying down strips to blow the tires (another act with strong potential to cause injury/death to occupants, in the event the car loses control).
    RETSUPT99 and pittypat21 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The fact illegal aliens, they are not immigrants, got killed may be sad.

However, with the battle against drugs, and the current President making the borders lawless regions I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

To call most of the illegal aliens in this country immigrants is insulting. It's insulting to those who followed the laws of this nation and came here legally. Some may want to be residents, but many of the illegal immigrants up here refer to themselves as (name their country of origin) instead of as Americans.

Even the Hmong refugees and their children, call themselves Hmong-Americans or just Americans. They are a wonderful group of people much like the Bohemians that came over here at the turn of the 20th century were/are. My great-grandparents were some of those immigrants.
    Tayopo likes this.

The Trooper firing to disable the vehicle is no different in my mind from the Coast Guard shooting out engines of drug runners. When you choose to run you take your chances.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Kill 'em all, let God sort them out, huh? Lucky for us the Indians didn't have ARs. Look what they did to Custer with a simple lever action.
    Custer's men had single shot breech loaders,Indians had High capacity magazine fed lever guns and rapid fire bow and arrows.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJojoJr View Post
    I live not far from where this happened. My understanding is the local LEOs are not entirely happy with this situation. It was DPS who fired from their helo. It truly is a shame that people died here.

I think one of the biggest problems with these chases is that the ones running are increasingly using caltrops against those following. It is almost impossible to find all of the caltrops thrown out during a chase and they pose quite the danger the innocent drivers later on.

It is just a mess all around with desperate smugglers vs increasingly militarized police forces.
    I guess since there have been several LEO's that have been arrested for everything from buying guns for the Cartels to either transporting drugs in marked patrol cars to providing security for drug shipments,there probably are a few that ain't happy.
    IMHO if you run when they try to stop you then use deadly force to stop them,They endanger innocent American lives when they hit the highway,not to mention pursuing officers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    From a helicopter, there is no such thing as a sharpshooter.
    Sorry Mike but you are sadly mistaken.

US Coast Guard HITRON teams would beg to differ. Seems they have a pretty effective track record with a Barrett 50 from helicopters.

A little about HITRON US Coast Guard Hitron Law Enforcement Homeland Security - YouTube
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Sorry Mike but you are sadly mistaken.

US Coast Guard HITRON teams would beg to differ. Seems they have a pretty effective track record with a Barrett 50 from helicopters.

A little about HITRON US Coast Guard Hitron Law Enforcement Homeland Security - YouTube
    I stand corrected. Substitute "effective moving tire shooter" for "sharpshooter" in my original post.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hard to know what actually occurred, but the claim is that deadly force wasn't used, rather that an attempt was made to shoot out the tires. On a back road with a vehicle traveling at "reckless" speeds and evading pursuit, I wouldn't think that method would be much different than laying down strips to blow the tires (another act with strong potential to cause injury/death to occupants, in the event the car loses control).
    Responding to part in bold-- doesn't that mean reckless indifference to life?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Kill 'em all, let God sort them out, huh? Lucky for us the Indians didn't have ARs. Look what they did to Custer with a simple lever action.
    Funny you should point out what happens when one does not control one's borders.
    hk45c and oneshot like this.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Really?
    no. that was sarcasm.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Funny you should point out what happens when one does not control one's borders.
    Touche'
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    How could unaffiliated groups of natives control a border that didn't exist, nor would they likely have acknowledged if it did?
    Tayopo likes this.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links